Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: White/Christian=Militia, Others=Terrorist?

Is there a story or something or just the title? All I saw was the title and comments.

Also, you spelled militia wrong... and it was spelled right in your link.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    Is there a story or something or just the title? All I saw was the title and comments.

Also, you spelled militia wrong... and it was spelled right in your link.
    I thought I did and for some reason links don't translate until you post or preview... which is what I should have done. Other than that, beyond that link is a news link to the article about the Hardee's militia (didn't even spell it right then until I used spell check). I say terrorists, but since they're white and Christian they only call them a militia, I think.

Actually, it is all in the intent.

Terrorists intend to cause TERROR to achieve a goal. If they were trying to instill fear in onlookers so that they convert to Christianity, then they are terrorists. If they think they are genuinely defending themselves with "the best defense is a good offense" then they could be considered a militia.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    Actually, it is all in the intent.

Terrorists intend to cause TERROR to achieve a goal.
    I would figure any form of killing would instill terror in most, if not all witnesses of said action.

Quote Originally Posted by kite View Post
    I would figure any form of killing would instill terror in most, if not all witnesses of said action.
    Isn't what they caused, but what they are TRYING to cause. If I stole your potted plant and you got completely terrified of buying another plant, I did not commit a terrorist act. I wasn't trying to make you afraid.

I frankly don't care what their intentions were, if they were actually intending to carry that plot out. Terrorist or not, I do tend to frown upon attacking people who go to a funeral for somebody they love.

So after the last nine years of war against muslims, now Christianity is the new 'fad terrorist fringe' group?

YAAAA more crazy people calling themselves Militia to give the rest if us bad names. Stupid fuckers don't understand what a well regulated militia is for, these people make it harder for real militias to conduct training and be taken seriously by the public. Our local militia trains with the police and the TN Guard and are ready to be called up in a crisis. Our Militia does more disaster relief than combat training and help support the regulars during a major event.

I support the militia movement for the most part but when a certain group who calls themselves a militia goes on the offensive... that is unacceptable and they ought to be jailed and tried.

My understanding of a militia is a group of armed able bodied citizens who will rise up to the occasion of defending their community, state, or nation from anyone who would threaten their way of life should it become necessary to do so.

Labeling an entire religious group as "terrorists" isn't really necessary.

There are various beliefs on religion so I won't go into that on here.