Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oldest DL Pic?

Default Oldest DL Pic?

What is the oldest picture of an adult wearing diapers out there? I remeber once seeing one in which a flapper was wearing a cloth diaper and plastic pants, the picture its' self looked to be from the 1920's, but there has been much debate about its' authenticity(BTW, if someone could send me that pic, that would be super ) Anyway, what do you think is the oldest picture of a DL in existence?

I seem to recall seeing one at one point that was from the 50s which doesn't beat yours but mainly I'm posting to express my happiness in finding that you weren't posting or requesting a pic of the oldest DL you could find.

Well the question I see here is if was erotic or not.

A hospital picture of a patient demonstrating cloth diapers for a hospital is one thing.

A picture of a person with a diaper for erotic needs would be far more interesting and/or rare.

I was visiting Amsterdam yesterday, and a group of friends and I decided to check out the sex museum. There were some weird vintage photos, but nothing AB/DL :p

angelabauer

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    What is the oldest picture of an adult wearing diapers out there? I remeber once seeing one in which a flapper was wearing a cloth diaper and plastic pants, the picture its' self looked to be from the 1920's, but there has been much debate about its' authenticity(BTW, if someone could send me that pic, that would be super ) Anyway, what do you think is the oldest picture of a DL in existence?
    If the photo you mention was of a flapper and taken in the 1920s, then the waterproof pants were made of rubber.

Plastic as a substitute for rubber/latex pants started during WWII (about 1943) because in the USA and most countries rubber was strictly rationed. Shortly after WWII ended in 1945 forms of vinyl sheet fabric were produced. While perhaps not as good for waterproof pants as molded latex (think of the classic PlayTex stretchy latex baby panties) once Gerber developed a thinner and softer vinyl, by 1954 PlayTex stopped making their style of baby panties. Since then many firms have made vinyl pants. Other forms of plastic also can be used for waterproof pants. Poly plastic based on post WWII polyethylene is the classic disposable outer layer and also the basis of cloth-like.

So, if that picture of the diapered flapper does show plastic panties, it was taken long after the 1920s. In the actual 1920s and continuing to about 1950 most of the time at home while sleeping infants wore cloth diapers without any waterproof covering. The same was true for hospital patients. Chances are if the photo was taken in the 1920s the diaper would have a triangle fold with a single pin in front and no covering.

The oldest I've seen comes from the 80s so not really that old. But you do raise an excellent question, how long have there been AB/DL's?

How about diapers and incontinent pants in the Sears and Monkey Wards catalogs, as well as those ads in the back of various magazines? I don't still have any around or I'd scan and post, but I do recall looking at them with longing....

Quote Originally Posted by pajamakitten53 View Post
    The oldest I've seen comes from the 80s so not really that old. But you do raise an excellent question, how long have there been AB/DL's?
    Romans soldiers wounded in battle were treated like babies untill they were healed. I would guess the desire to regress would be a universal aspect of humans for as long as there was diapers in the world.

There was that weird picture of a lady in glasses wearing cloth diapers over her pants that DailyDiapers bough on ebay. Probably 70s era. It was up in their gallery a few weeks ago but has not turned up in the archives yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Babymullet Ver 9.8 View Post
    Romans soldiers wounded in battle were treated like babies untill they were healed. I would guess the desire to regress would be a universal aspect of humans for as long as there was diapers in the world.
    Wait, what? Surely you jest.