Thread: Diapers and Dissociation

Default Diapers and Dissociation

Wikipedia says: "Dissociation is an partial or complete disruption of the normal integration of a personís conscious or psychological functioning."

Do you use diapers as a means to dissociate, or do you experiences degrees of dissociation when you wear? If yes, how, when?

Dissociation is a mental process that severs a connection to a person's thoughts, memories, feelings, actions, or sense of identity.
    I think that what you're talking about is regression, though I could be wrong, so if not, then sorry for misinterpreting. Anyways, it seems regression could be included in dissociation, as usually when you're regressed, you feel differently, think differently and act differently, and you most certainly have a different sense of identity. I don't think that I wear diapers and related AB stuff just to dissociate, but it definitely is a helpful side effect. It feels good to get a break from being me sometimes. lol

I don't think that I really dissociate in the true sense of the word, but it certainly feels like i'm different when regressed. I dunno, it's kind of an interesting question that you bring up. I know i'm still me when I regress, but it's like i'm not all there (And not in a crazy person way either. )

Butterfly Mage

I have a dissociative disorder, but diapers don't really factor into it at all.