Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Plastic Sheet

Default Plastic Sheet

So I was staying at a hotel towards the end of my spring break trip and kinda thought something was wrong when i slept on the bed the first night at it was making a lot more noise then my room mates bed. Well on the second night I decided to figure out what could of been making the noise. I wiggled my hand under the sheets and felt some plastic. I then pulled off some of the top sheet and found a fancy looking plastic sheet. Then I compared my sheet to my room mates sheet and found they were quite different.

Now that was the first hotel that that happened at, or at least that I noticed. I wonder if the hotel staff just did a bad job and forgot to remove it, I mean other then that the room was quite nice and clean. It also makes me wonder if it was the person before me, or who knows how long that sheet had been on the bed.

Anybody ever have that happen to you.

They just left it on there from the last person who was there I assume.

Never had it, though to my knowledge I've only been in a hotel once for one night...

Well you got the perfect person to answer this right now because I am only 12 credits shy of a associates degree in hospitality management.

Anyways there is two things that could have possibley happened...
    1.) The hotel puts plastic sheets on all their beds and just forgot to put it on one of them, which was the one your friend was sleeping on. A lot of hotels do this now, because of so many people wetting the bed and destroying their matresses. I beleive on TBDL maybe it was here I do not remember (I am bad with remembering when things happened but good at remembering everything that does happen, just not when haha), there was this article someone posted about someone wetting the bed in a hotel and asking for damage causes for destruction of sheets and matress or something like that. So the hotel does it to prevent that whole suing process and dealing with the customer on such a private issue.
    2.) Some customer left it there if the hotel is not using mattress covers. The hotel is dumb to not be using matress covers, if their not. If someone did bring that I think that is pretty retarded to travel with a matress cover because of bedwetting. Why not just wear GOD D*** DIAPER!? That drives me nuts! :rant2: It shows how big of a stigma there is against wearing diapers amongst the average person.
    Last edited by Eclipse; 15-Apr-2008 at 23:25. Reason: smiley edit

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
    Anyways there is two things that could have possibley happened...
    1.) The hotel puts plastic sheets on all their beds and just forgot to put it on one of them, which was the one your friend was sleeping on. A lot of hotels do this now, because of so many people wetting the bed and destroying their matresses. I beleive on TBDL maybe it was here I do not remember (I am bad with remembering when things happened but good at remembering everything that does happen, just not when haha), there was this article someone posted about someone wetting the bed in a hotel and asking for damage causes for destruction of sheets and matress or something like that. So the hotel does it to prevent that whole suing process and dealing with the customer on such a private issue.
    Yea Peachy posted the story. It's cost the guy about $3,000-$5,000 cos He wet the bed.

:rant2:
    ^ lol

Quote Originally Posted by HardcoreMickal View Post
    It's cost the guy about $3,000-$5,000 cos He wet the bed.
    Wow...and to think a $1.50 diaper (at the most) could've saved him that, hmm?

Also, I do hear a lot of hotels actually do that. And some waterproof sheets are very discreet - so maybe your friend's was made of something else.

EmeraldsAndLime

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
    It shows how big of a stigma there is against wearing diapers amongst the average person.
    Blah, if they want to dish out the money for cleaning/replacement instead of just wearing a diaper, then let them do it. Of course, hotels are justified in protecting their property, but if you know that you are a bed-wetter, why not save yourself and the hotel the embarrassment of a wet bed.

If you are one of the people who takes everything in a hotel room...Would you take the plastic sheets? Or is that one of those no-no's

Quote Originally Posted by Pojodiaper View Post
    If you are one of the people who takes everything in a hotel room...Would you take the plastic sheets? Or is that one of those no-no's
    Hehe, it'd be funny if a bedwetter rented a cheap hotel just to steal the sheet so they wouldn't have to buy it, lol.

...No more embarassing trips to wal-mart for your plastic sheet. ... Joking of course.

...Yeah, "ha, ha"...I know...But just something I thought of.