Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I plan on telling her

Default I plan on telling her

Some time ago, I got together with a girl that I like. The problem is, we don't know a lot about each other.
    So here's what I did.
    I told her that every Monday, we would share something about ourselves that nobody else knew or would ever guess about us.

I did this with a great friend of mine on MSN almost a year ago, and it worked out great. This conversation topic went on for about a week, and I learned all sorts of things about her that I never knew before. I broke the ice to her after about 2 weeks. I asked her if she thought it was weird, and she said, "No. Not at all."

So anyways, I'm going to talk/text my girlfriend every Monday little "secrets" about myself, and she will do the same for me. If I give a little, she'll give a little. If I give a lot, she'll give a lot. After maybe a month or two of this, I might end up telling her; Depending on how the relationship goes between these times or how she takes everything.

If anything interesting comes up, I'll keep you all posted. My goal is to get her to accept it. Maybe as a bonus, she could try it, too, and hopefully she will be at least slightly interested.

Until then, wish me luck.

Very cool dude, hope that works out for you.

I think thats a very cool way of approaching things, instead of going balls to the wall your putting it out there a little at a time. Just like they say, slow and steady wins the race.

Who knows, you might find out something even stranger about her...

That is actually a great way to get to know someone. I never thought of that... I may steal your idea :P

That is actually a great way to get to know someone. I never thought of that... I may steal your idea :P
    Lol, please do if you want to. :)

We'll be starting this coming Monday. I've already got things planned out to tell her for weeks and weeks in a row. She still says she's trying to think of something for Monday. :P

By the way, I also asked her before-hand if she was an open-minded person. She told me yes, a little confused with the question though. I'll silently remind her or bring it up in conversations between the week, just so she doesn't forget that she did tell me that she was open to different ideas and beliefs and does not think strangely of them. That way she can't come back and bite me when I tell her about "it".
    Last edited by ChaosDX; 26-Mar-2010 at 05:13.

Olivia

Pretty good idea I must say and a secret for a secret not a bad trade either

I hate to be the dickweed that rains on your parade, but be sure to very carefully think about this. You are only 15. If you have a nasty break-up, or something else comes between you, she will be able to tell whomever she pleases. Remember that if you decide to go through with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Antropov View Post
    I hate to be the dickweed that rains on your parade, but be sure to very carefully think about this. You are only 15. If you have a nasty break-up, or something else comes between you, she will be able to tell whomever she pleases. Remember that if you decide to go through with it.
    If it came down to that, he'd have some 'dirt' on her. Also, it does seem like he's being cautious: he won't tell her if their relationship is going south or if the secrets she tells him are not comparable. That's how I understood his post, anyway.

just tell her if shes fine with it it will work out if not then see how it goes