Thread: Internet Connection Help (please?)

Default Internet Connection Help (please?)

So, I've been having some issues. I dont know if its my XBox and computer...or just the wireless router. I'm assuming its the router, as both machine are having trouble.

1. The internet on my computer (wireless network) is generally very good. But usually once or twice a day, I'll be loading a page, and it will just get "stuck". As soon as I close the Airport, then re-open it, the connection returns to normal.

2. On XBox Live (also wireless), the connection will be generally good. When all of a sudden....I get disconnected. When this happens, I'm usually *not* able to log back in for awhile, (30 min.-1hr), the it comes back and the connection is fast again.

What could be causing this??? The wireless router is two rooms down the hall, probably 40 feet away.

We had a problem similar to this, for us it was the trees blocking the satellite and messing it up for around 30 minutes a day.

^Hmm...its so random though. It happens at all times of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
    ^About 1.5-2 years old?
    It might be that then, we have had to replace a couple routers around here because they just started acting up after a while. Don't jump to any conclusions though, rule out other possible causes before getting a new router.

Is it possible to try a wired connection? If your wired connection works fine it's definitly the wireless router.

Change the security on the router. Believe it or not certain "bands" on the router will actually fail over time, or it is possible someone has moved in near you running their router on the same channel which could be interfering with your connection. I would recommend 1. Changing your security 2. Changing the channel on your router..

What kind of router do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by timmahtherebel View Post
    Change the security on the router. Believe it or not certain "bands" on the router will actually fail over time, or it is possible someone has moved in near you running their router on the same channel which could be interfering with your connection. I would recommend 1. Changing your security 2. Changing the channel on your router..

What kind of router do you have?
    Hmm..wow, I'll have to try that. Linkys's makes the router, but I don't know which one it is. I think about 1.5 years ago, it was around $50-60. I'll check the exact model number tomorrow though.