Thread: Feeling moody from not exercising

Default Feeling moody from not exercising

Just wondering is anyone else here gets short tempered when they dont exercise enough.
    Ive recently started a new job that has been taking up all of my time in the week and have been busy at weekends doing things I enjoy but that dont involve much exercise and Ive found ive been incresingly short tempered with people which isnt fair on them. Ive noticed it before but havent attributed it to lack of exercise. When I say exercise, I mean some serious heart pounding stuff. Squash or Cycling are my favorites. I just always seem to feel more relaxed for a few days afterwards. Does anyone else get this and if so any ideas on how to chill out as I havent got the time to get on my bike for one reason or another?

I'm just the opposite! The less exercise I get (and admit I don't get nearly enough) the more laid back/lazy I become. Too tired feeling to even think of snapping at anyone. Probably more a result of my age now, but even when younger, periods where I lacked much physical exertion just made me more sluggish - not grumpy.

Though when I can't/don't have time to do the things I really enjoy for days on end it does make me irritable. Sounds like that might be similar to what you're experiencing. You're doing some things you enjoy, but not the things which bring you the greatest satisfaction in the way of physical exertion.

Is there some way you can balance out your schedule to allow for at least an hour or so here and there to burn off some energy doing what you love to do? An unbalanced lifestyle can definitely make you feel out of sorts.

~Pramrider

I get that in the winter for two reasons. One, I love running a lot, but in the winter it's so cold that my nose will bleed if I run, and that just sucks. So I don't run, and I get all worked up from that. I also have a little bit of seasonal depression, which is amplified by my dad who has it big time. Whenever he gets upset, he projects it onto everybody else, so winter sucks. Spring is the greatest though because my dad clams down and I get to run!

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote0024 View Post
    Just wondering is anyone else here gets short tempered when they dont exercise enough.
    Ive recently started a new job that has been taking up all of my time in the week and have been busy at weekends doing things I enjoy but that dont involve much exercise and Ive found ive been incresingly short tempered with people which isnt fair on them. Ive noticed it before but havent attributed it to lack of exercise. When I say exercise, I mean some serious heart pounding stuff. Squash or Cycling are my favorites. I just always seem to feel more relaxed for a few days afterwards. Does anyone else get this and if so any ideas on how to chill out as I havent got the time to get on my bike for one reason or another?
    Absolutely. I've been told "We better end this meeting. If you don't get your lunchtime run in, somebody is going to get hurt".

If there's any way for you to manage it, bike commuting can be the solution to your problem.