Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think I am diggin the fur thing

Default I think I am diggin the fur thing

I started browsing this section of the forum and found the furry thing to be kind of neat. One of these days I would like to get one of them fur suit costumes and maybe entertain kids as a side gig or something. Some of them costumes are "cute" LOL!

I guess thats just another soft part of me.

The fandom is large and fun. Really depends on how far you want to go with it. its all in the person.

BernardFx

I would like to get a fursuit made, but I have to actually tell my parents first, and I am not ready for this.

Anyway, you can be as furry as you want. If you enjoy it, stick with it!

Quote Originally Posted by BBFx View Post
    I would like to get a fursuit made, but I have to actually tell my parents first, and I am not ready for this.
    Just start slow with a collar or something . I'm currently wearing a sleeper with ears plus a collar around the house, and will soon be adding a tail to that mix... And only one of my housemates knows that I'm furry The rest just think I'm a bit weird :p

Yeah, there's no shame in being a furry. But as others said I think you should start slow instead of starting with the fursuit. Personally I don't think you have to have anything furry related to be one, as long as you are a fan of the concept is what matters.

Quote Originally Posted by BBFx View Post

Anyway, you can be as furry as you want. If you enjoy it, stick with it!

Suits are fun, at least to me. They can be really expensive though.

My mom doesn't know anything about the furry fandom from what I can tell, but she knows about my fursuit. I call it a costume though. She actually thinks it's really cool. But I know most parents would be weirded out by it.

Just remember, not many people even know what a "furry" is. There is no such thing as a "furry closet" nor should you ever feel the need to "come out" as a furry. It's something you like and there is no shame or embarrassment involved unless you make it that way.

It's not like being gay or being a *B/DL which are inherently frowned upon from a social outlook. If you make a big deal about it when telling someone about it, the natural reaction is going to be negative because YOU make it sound like it's something bad. In the case of furries, if you "come out" so to speak, your parents/family/friends are just gonna give you weird looks because they have no idea what it is.

Example from the "coming out" perspective:
    "Mom? Dad? I have something I wanted to tell you."
    "Of course sweety, you can talk to us about anything."
    "I...I...I'm a furry."
    "Ummm... a what?"
    "I like anthropomorphic animals."
    "...What's that?"
    "They're animals with human-like features."
    "Um....okaaaaaaaay..., you mean like, Bugs Bunny?"
    "Uh, well, kinda."
    "I'm afraid I don't understand. Is there something more?"
    "No, that's all."
    *awkward silence*

You get the idea.

Garthcub

Yeh i like Babyfur pics as well im currently designing my fursona as to say but i am unsure as to make it a kitten or a wolf cub so i might make 2 and roleplay both of them but i love cats and there my fav animal but i cant decide .... a wolf pup or kitten any ideas and i now officialy admit it after discovering this site im a Furry!!

Quote Originally Posted by xcliber View Post
    Just remember, not many people even know what a "furry" is. There is no such thing as a "furry closet" nor should you ever feel the need to "come out" as a furry. It's something you like and there is no shame or embarrassment involved unless you make it that way.

It's not like being gay or being a *B/DL which are inherently frowned upon from a social outlook. If you make a big deal about it when telling someone about it, the natural reaction is going to be negative because YOU make it sound like it's something bad. In the case of furries, if you "come out" so to speak, your parents/family/friends are just gonna give you weird looks because they have no idea what it is.

Example from the "coming out" perspective:
    "Mom? Dad? I have something I wanted to tell you."
    "Of course sweety, you can talk to us about anything."
    "I...I...I'm a furry."
    "Ummm... a what?"
    "I like anthropomorphic animals."
    "...What's that?"
    "They're animals with human-like features."
    "Um....okaaaaaaaay..., you mean like, Bugs Bunny?"
    "Uh, well, kinda."
    "I'm afraid I don't understand. Is there something more?"
    "No, that's all."
    *awkward silence*

You get the idea.
    You're right xcliber, I agree with you. Most of the time, people are too worried about their own stuff to care if you're doing something weird and if they do notice, they laugh and that's it. Another words, don't make a big deal about it, or people will notice and will make a big deal out of it. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxie View Post
    You're right xcliber, I agree with you. Most of the time, people are too worried about their own stuff to care if you're doing something weird and if they do notice, they laugh and that's it. Another words, don't make a big deal about it, or people will notice and will make a big deal out of it. =P
    Yup! Basically.