Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Look, I've made my introduction!

Default Look, I've made my introduction!

Heya! Names Kuro. ..Of course.

<<; I'm shyish, so making an introduction is harder than I thought..
    Let's just do what I see everyone doing (and what I loooove to do)!

Ask me questions, and I'll answer =O

What hobbies do you have? Age(if you're comfortable telling us), sex, sports you play, things you excel in?

Fast response o.o

Hobbies - (Be prepared for the obvious): Video Gaming, and Writing.
    Sex - Male.
    Sports - None. Never really liked sports.
    Things I excel in - School-wise is Math. My daily life is.. well.. ...Video Games.

Geez, I'm boring.

Hi, and welcome to the forums. We'd love to hear more about you. I have a few sample questions for you that you can answer if you like.

What's your major field of study (or favorite subject, if you're still in high school)?
    Do you have any hobbies: sports, visual arts, performing arts, games, etc?
    Any favorite music, books, movies, video games?
    Do you have any unusual dreams for the future?
    If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

I look forward to hearing more from you!
    --------------------------------------------------------
    (Update: aww, someone beat me to the punch. Okay, so you're into video games. Any particular favorites, favorite genres, that sort of thing? What do you like to write about? )

Ooh, creative questions! Just what I like to hear.

Favorite Subject - Science. It's just so amazing to me. Space, Earth, everything. Even the simple things, like Gravity.

Hobbies - As mentioned before, I like to play video games (Most overused hobby ever) and I like to write. I'd love to draw, if I actually had the talent.

Favorites:
    Music - My favorite Genre is alternative. Band = Rise Against. Song = Savior (By Rise Against).
    Movies - Space Jam and The Lion King. Good old Disney movies. Always the best.
    Books - A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket. Read the entire series. They'll always be my favorite.
    Video Games - Sonic the Hedgehog 2. By far my favorite game.

If I could change something about the world. Hmm, that'll take some thought. I'd have to say.. Poverty. Yeah, I know it's one of those 'save the world' things, but it's a big topic.

There you have it! Thanks for the questions.

Neat! My focus is in physics and math, particularly optics at the moment.

I haven't ever played Sonic, but I'm pretty fond of video games myself (they help me destress). Most of what I like is slightly older-style console and PC games, especially story-based RPG's. I'm a huge fan of FFVII and FFVIII and Chrono Cross, but I was also impressed by the slightly newer (and rather tongue-in-cheek) Dragonquest VIII. FFXII was pretty decent as well with its enormous worldmap and interesting take on automated battle commands (although no romance, which made me sad). I'm occasionally addicted to Katamari Damacy and Lego Star Wars (the original trilogy version). PC-wise, I have an absurd fondness for the old sidescrollers like Commander Keen and Crystal Caves.

I'm not very well informed on alternative music... I got into a lot of weird eastern European electronica and metal, and I'm trained in classical music. There was this one band called Elysian Fields that I think was classed as alternative, but they're somewhat obscure...

The Lion King is awesome. I think my favorite Disney movie is still Beauty and the Beast.

I haven't read A Series of Unfortunate Events--looks like it was slightly after my time--but the fact that they were written in the gothic novel style sounds really interesting, so I think they'll go on my list. Thanks for the rec!

I totally get what you mean about eliminating poverty. If it were me, I'd probably make it really tough to have children, because I'd love to see a world where every child was wanted, and where far fewer kids were hungry and poor.

Thank you for answering... I look forward to hearing more from you.

FFVII and FFVIII were very well done games in my opinion, sadly, I never beat either of them. The discs kept breaking. ><

Katamari Damacy was probably one of the few games that I could pop into my disc tray and the second it appears, feel slightly frightened, yet at the same time, mildly happy. (With the side feeling that I've got a bit insane).
    A Series of Unfortunate Events books aren't that old, I think I started reading them when I was in 5th grade and finally finished the series at the end of 6th. There was like.. 13 books in total.

Alternative genre of music would be like (I bet I list bands you're unaware of) Rise Against, even though they lean more to 'Punk Rock.'

Well, thanks for responding!

Welcome to ADISC KuroMiles. Looks like you should have no problem fitting in here at all.

Quote Originally Posted by KuroMiles View Post
    Hobbies - (Be prepared for the obvious): Video Gaming, and Writing.
    Hobbies - As mentioned before, I like to play video games (Most overused hobby ever) and I like to write. I'd love to draw, if I actually had the talent.

Music - My favorite Genre is alternative. Band = Rise Against. Song = Savior (By Rise Against).
    Movies - Space Jam and The Lion King. Good old Disney movies. Always the best.
    Video Games - Sonic the Hedgehog 2. By far my favorite game.
    Yeah, there are a lot of gamers and writers here. Thank goodness I'm not cliche, and I'm not one myself.... oh wait, yes I am!

I also am a huge fan of Sonic, especially Sonic 2. I don't see why people have a problem with kids playing games all day. I mean, I was raised on Sonic and I turned out Tails. I owned all their 2D adventures, in pretty much every format I could find them. I personally can't wait until Sonic the Hedgehog 4 comes out this summer.

I hope you enjoy your time here as much as I have. Welcome once again .

Welcome on ADISC.

Quote Originally Posted by KuroMiles View Post
    <<; I'm shyish, so making an introduction is harder than I thought..
    That makes me smile, cuz I'm shy as well, like you!

The most important here is to have fun, so enjoy ADISC!