Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I bipolar? (or just paranoiac XD)

Default Am I bipolar? (or just paranoiac XD)

Several here seem to be bipolar, I wonder if I could be too. I'm the kind of person who quickly worry too much for minor things and get back to normal as fast. I also have "downs" from time to time and moments of explosive joy.

Now that I think of it, I remember one day last year, where I felt depressed the whole day. I think it was related to my school notes, but it was far from being serious fail. (I had like ~55%) Whatever I wanted to think about, I felt depressed. I even cried a while.What's weird is that until 4th grade high school (10th grade) I always had pretty low notes, around 65, even lower and never worried much about it (final exams boosted my notes to ~70 ). So I wonder what that depressive day means.

I'm currently in a moment where I want to explain a lot of things about myself, including attraction for diapers. Maybe I habe a Bipolar Disorder and would be THE reason? I dunno.

Well, as a mental health professional examining you in person, I can tell by the glazed look in your eyes and the constant social tics that you probably have about 12 mental disorders. Wait, I did that backwards.

Nah, I'm just crankin you. But seriously, go see a doctor if you suspect anything.

Yes, You have bipolar.

I should know I have met You IRL and preforemed a diagnoses and am a meantal doctor you know...

Seriously If you think you have it go get tested.

But be prepaired for it to be on your record.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFox93 View Post
    Several here seem to be bipolar, I wonder if I could be too. I'm the kind of person who quickly worry too much for minor things and get back to normal as fast. I also have "downs" from time to time and moments of explosive joy.

Now that I think of it, I remember one day last year, where I felt depressed the whole day. I think it was related to my school notes, but it was far from being serious fail. (I had like ~55%) Whatever I wanted to think about, I felt depressed. I even cried a while.What's weird is that until 4th grade high school (10th grade) I always had pretty low notes, around 65, even lower and never worried much about it (final exams boosted my notes to ~70 ). So I wonder what that depressive day means.

I'm currently in a moment where I want to explain a lot of things about myself, including attraction for diapers. Maybe I habe a Bipolar Disorder and would be THE reason? I dunno.
    Even if people here had the expertise to know, it would be near impossible to give you a good answer at such distance. Do see a doctor if you are worried (even if you're not bipolar, at least you will have some peace of mind), but do keep in mind that it is not abnormal to feel down when stressed or tired.

Well, as a clinical psychiatrist who specializes in over-the-internet medical diagnoses (with a sub-specialization in discussion forum differentials), I can conclusively say that you should get to a real goddamn doctor. Or you could self-diagnose things based on what you read on webMD and have an easy scapegoat to blame whenever something goes wrong in your life. Either way is good, I guess.

Having lived with several bipolar girls I find their "illness" is more defined by their manic phases then depressive episodes. Their mood swings tended to be over longer time periods, days and weeks as well. All humans have mood swings, we are just built that way. The question is do the extremes interfere with everyday life. My girls sought help for depression but their real problem was the upswings when they felt great, they'd go partying, excessive drug use, sleeping with strangers, reckless self destructive behavior in general that was normal fun to them. Don't get me wrong I do not hate bipolar people, in fact I'm drawn to them for some reason. They tend to be brilliant, creative and exciting people who are frustrating to live with and difficult to live without. Shrinks like to over medicate them and kill their spark. A mild mood stabilizer worked best with the girls I lived with. A few sessions with a pro (shrink) would be recommended if you are concerned, it's painless.

You're more than likely 16. The people I know that are bipolar have things a lot worse than you describe, like flying high to attempting suicide in a short period of time even on medication. But if you are really concerned you should see a real shrink and not take advise from strangers on the internet.

I was going to say that you might be bi-polar, but then I realized you were 16. The end stages of puberty induce wild hormone fluctuations, your endocrine system is simply rebelling. Lots of rebelling at 16, your body rebelling against you just happens to be the most unpleasant.
    If you still feel this way at 20 then I'd get serious about it, but for now eat a healthy diet, exercise, and it might make you feel better. Meditation may seem a bit silly but it helps, too. Great stress reliever. Explaining yourself can be stressful and is generally unnecessary; just be who you are and don't worry about it.

I went through a similar phase at the age of 23. I actually did go to the doctor after having a long run of being being depressed after being euphoric about life for a while and thinking I needed some medication or therapy.

It turns out to be much simpler. Things went well for a while and then a lot of bad things happened that made me unhappy.

It would be very difficult to assume at your tender age that you are bi polar. At that age I was getting my nose broken and being despised by most people in my school due to my loud mouth a and poor social skills. I saw a psychologist for a few months and on reflection it turns out I was just developing socially and needed to approach things differently.

Seriously though you should seek professional help if you are seriously concerned. I'd be careful of 'self-diagnosis' especially for psycological disorders.