Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diaper Challenges and Perfection

Default Diaper Challenges and Perfection

Came to me while in the bathroom (swear all good ideas come to people on the toilet!) and was wondering: Do you perfect your diapering?
    How much do you put into rolling the diaper into a sausage? Do you have to have even tabs, snugness, etc. when putting it on?
    Should have titled this: do you have diaper OCD?

It's better when my diaper has even tabs and snugness, it just makes it more comfortable especially since you'll be wearing it for a while. Nobody likes an uncomfortable diaper and isn't it just nice when you have a very snug warm diaper on? Now that you mention the idea of perfecting ma diapering, I'll think about it more, we'll see at the next diaper change .

i hate it when one side is different from the other where the edge wraps around your butt, drives me NUTS!

Quote Originally Posted by babyemo View Post
    i hate it when one side is different from the other where the edge wraps around your butt, drives me NUTS!
    especially when your walking and you feel one end pull tighter than the other. Ugh.

I'm pretty OCD when it comes to such things, but as most know, I wear cloth. When I put one on and there's more to one side than the other, I unpin and re-do. Problem solved. The point is, however, that it does bug me. I also pin them as tight as possible.

I hate uneven tapes, 1) I do them unevenly quite often as I am rather new to tapes and 2) I can't retape because they're depends (plastic rips, always)!

I guess I am quite OCD when it comes to uneven things, for instance; I even out every picture on the wall because I can't stand it being uneven. Same with other things like speakers, papers, table mats, sometimes dishes if I am really bored.

At my friends place he had this Ipod speaker set that had the main station and one of the speakers aligned with it. The other speaker was back about 2 inches, it bugged me all night long (sleep over) untill I finally corrected it while my friend was on the can. (He didn't want me touching his new Ipod set-up, thats why I couldn't just correct it immediatly.)

Anyways, diapers, I try to get the tapes as even as possible even though I have yet to get them right. I guess I am diaper OCD... or just noraml OCD...

I'm always changing where I put the tapes and everything else so I guess I am striving towards perfection. In the past I have always tried to make the diaper really tight but I'm realizing now that it just makes me really uncomfortable when I'm walking, it reduces capacity and it just generally strains the diaper. I also try to make sure my guy is pointed upwards in a comfortable (that's key) position so I can fill up the whole diaper instead of just the bottom and back.

Uneven tapes drive me nuts! I try my best to make the tapes even and to get a nice snug fit. It drives me crazy when the leak detection stripe goes off to one side, or worse, when the tape touches the padding on one side but not on the other!

i tend to redo my tabs a few times (i usually only use my cloth diaper or drynites, should have more variety when i licence in 1 month)

EmeraldsAndLime

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    i tend to redo my tabs a few times (i usually only use my cloth diaper or drynites, should have more variety when i licence in 1 month)
    Where do you get your cloth diapers from in Australia, anyway?