Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Why would a non ab/dl person wear a onesies

  1. #1

    Default Why would a non ab/dl person wear a onesies

    I have been to a few medical supply web sites that sell incontinencie supplies and onesies. these web sites are non ab/dl web sites so i wonder Why would a non ab/dl person wear a onesies

  2. #2

    Default

    Well, for a person who is say, incontinent and has to wear diapers, onesies are designed to prevent drooping when the diaper is wet, and to conceal the diaper. That's why they make them for babies, especially with cloth diapers, as they droop a lot more than disposables when wet. They don't always call them onesies on those sites though, probably for the sake of the customers' dignity.

  3. #3

    Default

    What's kind of interesting about this is that you can wear a onesie underneath your clothes and no one would notice (unless you have to take off your clothes :p ). I mean, if you think about it, a lot of guys where white T-shirts as undershirts under anything they wear. Onesies are thin enough that you can easily put a T-shirt and jeans on over them.

  4. #4

    Default

    People that have dementia often end up putting their hands down their diapers and smearing the poop all over the place. Onsies can somewhat limit that. And yes, this is a VERY common occurrence.

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ShootsAndLeaves View Post
    People that have dementia often end up putting their hands down their diapers and smearing the poop all over the place. Onsies can somewhat limit that. And yes, this is a VERY common occurrence.
    This sounds like you're talking from experience. My condolences.

  6. #6

    Default

    What Maytricks said. To conceal the diapers so they don't stick out of your clothes and so they don' droop and it helps hide the sound.

    Wow shootsandleaves.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ShootsAndLeaves View Post
    People that have dementia often end up putting their hands down their diapers and smearing the poop all over the place. Onsies can somewhat limit that. And yes, this is a VERY common occurrence.
    My mom works in long term care with elderly people, and this is totally legit. She's told us a few stories about the people she takes care of who aren't really 'with it' anymore who do strange stuff like this. Kinda makes me never want to grow old.

    Anyway, that's a little off topic, but I had to toss in my $0.02

  8. #8
    Peachy

    Default

    For the past 4-5 years, a big chair of Wal-Mart like grocery stores here sold some sort of onesies in their clothing department. They were a t-shirt and a pair of boxer briefs combined, with a line of buttons on the front. They were sold in early November, and judging from the fact that they were offered again the following year, I'd say that people did buy them. I reckon they bought them to keep warm in the winter and to stop their shirt from slipping out of their pants, thus exposing their back to the cold winter air.

    Peachy

  9. #9

    Default

    My friend brought her sister one for christmas. More as a joke I think rather than for actual use. Its been suprisingly popular with all the girls I know. Maybe they all have a secret to tell me???? It was a bit awkward for me when they were trying it on at a party recently.

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by jasonkid View Post
    I have been to a few medical supply web sites that sell incontinencie supplies and onesies. these web sites are non ab/dl web sites so i wonder Why would a non ab/dl person wear a onesies


    Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    For the past 4-5 years, a big chair of Wal-Mart like grocery stores here sold some sort of onesies in their clothing department. They were a t-shirt and a pair of boxer briefs combined, with a line of buttons on the front. They were sold in early November, and judging from the fact that they were offered again the following year, I'd say that people did buy them. I reckon they bought them to keep warm in the winter and to stop their shirt from slipping out of their pants, thus exposing their back to the cold winter air.

    Peachy
    Kind of like how non AB's still wear footed sleepers too. They are so freaking warm n cozy.

Similar Threads

  1. if you didn't like the person...
    By sparkywuff in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-Mar-2010, 22:44
  2. Cuddlz vs Cosyndry Onesies FIGHT!
    By Loopygone in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-Feb-2010, 20:38
  3. Another New Person
    By Ryo in forum Greetings / Introductions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 22-Sep-2009, 14:19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.