Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: my sister's pregnant!!!!

Default my sister's pregnant!!!!

so my sister (18 years old) just told my parents that she was pregnant and the "father" is one of those people who has the potential to kill her over the fact that she is pregnant and wont have an abortion (which im glad that she wont). and the guy already gave her a death threat before when she cheated on him (they got back together) and if he doesnt kill her he could have one of his friends do it. so know im worried about her because my parents are going away and we will be home alone for a week (my dad has a gun (hes a cop kinda) and i had already planned on getting it from his car or where ever and putting it on the side of my bed). now i was wondering what you would do in this situation. i was also wondering if you have had an older sister get pregnant and what i could do to help her (even though she doesnt like me).

thanks, (i wanted to get it off my chest and i know you guys are there to listen) Jester

Hrmmm. First thing, I wouldn't touch your dad's gun. Second thing, I would talk to her about it before doing anything rash. Maybe instead of doing anything rash.

Personally, if I heard this correctly, talk to your parents on how you feel this situation is heading and also talk with them about you and your sister feel unsafe. Who know,s maybe the guy she's going out with is just angry, but won't kill anyone...or his death threats are just out of pure anger. What I'm saying is that you should be calm, and kind to your family throught this stressful situation. I hope all goes well!

if your sister doesn't tell the guy, why would the guy come 'round to kill her? this just seems like little kid drama talking to me :-\ most people aren't capable of killing someone and this guy? sounds like a retard to me. who'd spend the rest of their life in jail for killing a woman and her unborn.

not to downplay the situation, but i think you can rest easy a bit knowing that it's not likely he comes to kill your sister. just 'lax and deal with anything bad as it comes your way.

Well if your father feels like he needs to put a gun next to your bed is it wise for him to leave. I'd talk to him about it, it's not a shame to admit you are scared. I think I would to if I were in that situation.

Peachy

Ouch...doesn't quite sound like a success story there.

I sense a severe lack of maturity in that case. The "father" (dunno why that's in quotes) seems to be a total idiot and is not mature enough to take responsibility of his actions. It's immature enough to not exercise proper care when having sexual intercourse (remember: A condom costs a dollar, a child costs $100,000-200,000!), now he seems to think that his stupid behavior will get him out of his responsibility for the child. At least your sister, jester, seems mature enough to take responsibility for her actions ...which, unfortunately, were pretty immature too (I doubt anyone that age really consciously wants a child).

What can you do? Personally, I think the gun won't help you. You're more likely to shoot yourself or get shot before you can even get near it.
    I'd talk to the 'real' cops about the death threat and what's going on. They should swing by the "father"'s house and give him a good idea of what's going to happen if your sis gets hurt in any way (conviction for double murder!), maybe that'll open his eyes. Otherwise, it may be a good idea for your parents to cancel the trip to wherever they're going.
    That's all the advice I can give, unfortunately. I don't have sisters, or older siblings, and I do not know anyone who's had a child as a teen or even an unwanted child. Well, the only person I remotely know who's managed to get a girl pregnant 'on accident' at the age of 17 or 18 does not live with the girl and the child...that's the usual outcome of situations like this, I'm afraid.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Well if your father feels like he needs to put a gun next to your bed is it wise for him to leave.
    I agree! If he's leaving you a gun, "Don't get dead", and going off, that's a bad sign!
    If he's not leaving you the gun, and you're just stealing it from his car... then that's definitely a bad idea! Don't play with guns, especially if you're 14! The last thing you want to do is accidentally shoot yourself, and the second to last thing you want to do is accidentally shoot someone else!

If this death threat thing is really serious, then talk to the police. If you're sister is in any danger, they should put her in a safe house. Otherwise just listen to what ever your parents advise.

Yea I say dont fool with a gun so you do not acidentally shoot yourself or anyone else. Also I would say do not talk to your sister about it, because if she is oblivious enough to have to be with this guy and have intercourse with him then shes not going to agree with trying to protect her. Most girls who date abusive guys would try to defend them if you tried to protect them or put down the BF, by say "you just have to get to know him he is really a good guy deep down." We all know thats a bunch of crock S**t. Most likely I would say this guy just has a temper and is possibly abusive. Most abusive guys would not go as far as killing their GF, and if he IS that kind of guy, and he keeps making threats just call the cops and explain to them the situation and how your sister is being way too passive.

Note: I hope you all know the people who have the most kids are the dumbest ones that lack discipline and common sense. I am not directing this at your sister exactly but defiantly her BF and crap load of other people in the world. If you ask me you she need a liscense to be able to have kids.Making it illegal would make them take the kid if they had it without a liscense in which the a liscense had to be obtained by passing a psychological and background check. Therefore maybe more kids would be raised properly therefore making LESS murders, rapists, drug addicts, theifs and prositutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
    Yea I say dont fool with a gun so you do not acidentally shoot yourself or anyone else. Also I would say do not talk to your sister about it, because if she is oblivious enough to have to be with this guy and have intercourse with him then shes not going to agree with trying to protect her. Most girls who date abusive guys would try to defend them if you tried to protect them or put down the BF, by say "you just have to get to know him he is really a good guy deep down." We all know thats a bunch of crock S**t. Most likely I would say this guy just has a temper and is possibly abusive. Most abusive guys would not go as far as killing their GF, and if he IS that kind of guy, and he keeps making threats just call the cops and explain to them the situation and how your sister is being way too passive.
    How ever much I agree with you it's not worth the risk. Don't stay passive on this one. Take action before something actually does happen.