Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Galaxy Diaper Review (Overnight)

Default Galaxy Diaper Review (Overnight)

Well here you are, a review of the Medium Overnight Galaxy diapers.

Right off the bat this diaper appears to be thin and not very absorbent. The feeling of the plastic is not smooth at all, it feels "institutional", it is rough, but thick.

My sample came in an almost discrete package delivered by UPS, everything was fine except for the the fact that it said "Incontinence Brief" in one of the tables on it, not a big deal since it was in about 8pt. font, but still if someone were to scan the envelope they would know what is in it.
    Imageshack - dsci0884.jpg

Look: White with a yellow wetness indicator running down the middle. It has a tape landing strip with the words "Galaxy" written on it(similar to secures landing strip).
    Imageshack - dsci0886k.jpg
    Imageshack - dsci0888.jpg
    Imageshack - dsci0894.jpg
    Imageshack - dsci0893.jpg

I compared the look and thickness of this diaper to a depends Max. Protection. It is a tad bit thicker than the Depends, but not by much when dry. Upon first inspection of it, you get the idea that it won't be very absorbent.
    Imageshack - dsci0889v.jpg
    Imageshack - dsci0891.jpg
    Imageshack - dsci0890.jpg

In these pictures, the brief is being worn and is dry. Upon putting it on, it is somewhat soft, not Bambino soft, but like that of a Depends. This diaper is not crinkly when wearing, which can be a plus depending on your point of view.
    Imageshack - dsci08842.jpg
    Imageshack - dsci08862.jpg

Here is what this diaper looks like once used to capacity. This thing is VERY absorbent and swells to great capacity once used. This gets far bulkier than an Abena Xplus once fully used.
    (Some up close shots)
    Imageshack - dsci08892.jpg
    Imageshack - dsci08882.jpg

Overall:
    Pros: VERY absorbent, swells, locks in wetness, leak guards, landing strip

Cons: Gets very bulky once wet(you know that you are wearing a diaper), No waistband(s), The fit is not good at all I feel that if this diaper had a third tape then it would fit beautifully but as it stands right now it is difficult to get the brief to form around your legs tightly to prevent leaks.

Conclusion: This diaper is much better than your average store brand diaper. You will not have to worry about reaching capacity too quickly with this diaper on you. It has a plastic backing and a landing strip that enables you to re-fasten the taps multiple times. In spite of all the plastic used in this diaper, it is surprisingly quite.
    There are however some back draws to it...The fit is not good, this could be because I have not had experience with taping with a landing strip before, but I was unable to get a nice fit on me to make the diaper tight around my legs, this later caused much leaking around the legs. There is no waistband on this diaper at all, they say it is an overnight diaper, but without a waistband I would be worried abut flooding"over the top".

Suggestions:
    1.Add a third tape- this will seal it up and give you a remarkable fit
    2. Add a waistband- This will give you confidence in using this diaper while sleeping

Would I recommend this diaper: Yes. It is a very thirsty diaper, wicks the moisture, and locks it in very well. This by far out does Depends and is a rival to Abena. I had some issues with getting this to fit right, but that may be in part my fault. This is an overnight diaper and it certainly has overnight absorbency, this thing just seems to always have room for more! All in all I rate this diaper 8/10 and yes I would recommend it to you.

June

Great review. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

Really nice review, thanks for taking the time to take photos of everything. The price seems pretty good on these diapers, for what you get.

My biggest question would be: how much would the shipping (on a case) be from Canada to the U.S.? These definitely look like a great deal for people in Canada.

Tygon (or anybody interested in a price breakdown)

Adding those to a Paypal cart comes out like this:

For a case of 120 Medium Night-Time Briefs
    Case Cost: $96.00CAD
    Shipping & Handling: $9.50CAD (to US)
    Sales Tax: $11.52CAD

Total: $117.02 CAD

So, $114.26 USD shipped, or $.95 a diaper, all inclusive.

Compared to other "Premium" diapers at case cost:

(Size medium for all, shipping included in prices)

Abena X-Plus (XPMed): $1.38/brief
    Bambino: $1.37/brief
    Secure Plus: $1.37/brief
    Molicare Super Plus (XPMed): $1.36/brief
    Wellness: $1.35/brief (with coupon code)
    Dry 24/7: $1.74/brief

Yeah. I have too much time and have these on a spreadsheet. *hides*

Just in case anybody was curious.

Quote Originally Posted by diaperteenager
    Would I recommend this diaper: Yes. It is a very thirsty diaper, wicks the moisture, and locks it in very well. This by far out does Depends and is a rival to Abena. I had some issues with getting this to fit right, but that may be in part my fault. This is an overnight diaper and it certainly has overnight absorbency, this thing just seems to always have room for more! All in all I rate this diaper 8/10 and yes I would recommend it to you.
    Nice review.
    Nope the fit is not your fault, it's the diaper. Future revisions should fit better.

Just be careful not to put it on too tight, the plastic backing is not really strong and can split if stretched too far.

Thanks for the responses everyone, my easier to take the time to review it. If the fit was better this would be a great diaper

could we maybe move this into the wiki?
    Last edited by diaperedteenager; 13-Mar-2010 at 03:21. Reason: More details