Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Apology to the mods, furs, and perhaps you

Default Apology to the mods, furs, and perhaps you

You could very well be completely lost right now. If you weren't around yesterday afternoon then you most likely missed it. The basic gist is I screwed up. I'm still pretty disappointed and most of all embarrassed in myself for what I let things to escalate to. It has been mentally torturing me all night at work if it makes you feel any better. Trust me, I've felt like shit for the past 24 hours now.

Back story - I logged on to one of my favorite freelance tshirt artist sites yesterday. A site I been following for quite some time. Many artists I have nothing but respect for there. I never expected to go into the forum section and see that the hot topic of the afternoon was furries. What was being said, I won't repeat. Pure hatred was fueling in that thread. Normally I wouldn't care if it was a bunch of strangers but to have it come out of the mouths of people I admire for the talent they possess. It really got to me. I couldn't let it go either. I just had to step in. What a fool I was though. Yes I battled with some clear logic and refrained from petty name calling but it still did no good in the end. At one point I actually thought I had won over the discussion but some select few still couldn't let it go. And then it happened, they resorted to some heavy net digging and came up with my biggest darkest secret. This. They found me on here. Hatred for furs turned into hatred for diaper freaks and insisted I must be some kind of pedo too.

I just stared at the screen, not believing this shit was actually happening. Please someone tell me this is just a dream. A panic state took over me and I started going on a delete spree of any kind of connection to me I didn't want to track me down.

I know internet forums are full of people with nothing better to do but seek entertainment in the ridicule of others. I get that. What I wasn't prepared for was to have that happen by people I actually know. I lost a lot of friends yesterday, easily a all time record for me. Yes I know I'm better off without them if that's how they feel but it still hurts.

This post isn't all bad though. I have come away from this with some knowledge. What knowledge is that you ask? Trust can only go so far. I was a fool to think something like this would never turn around and bite me in the ass one day. I've taken much needed precautions now though. I created two new emails that each serve their own separate purpose and protect me at the same time. I also locked down my livejournal and every single post from my past. The ironic thing is in a way I should be thanking these haters because they made me aware of the lack of discretion I have in my life.

To the mods who had to deal with me yesterday. I am sorry. To the furs who might of seen the post. I am sorry. To myself. What's done is done. As much it bugs the living hell out of you that you can't turn back time, accept it. We all mistakes. Chill.

For this post you have gained alot of respect from me

Humanity showing worthlessness once again. Sometimes I wonder how I can say I've lost faith in humanity. I mean, I don't even see how humanity deserved any faith in the first place! Yeah, sure, there are some nice people, but it's all canceled out by the overwhelming amount of disgusting ignorance and hatred from others. Greed too, but that's a whole other problem. I can only imagine how much the whole incident has bothered you, but yeah, you're better off without them. I think everyone deserves a friend, but I'm not too sure about people like that anymore. If they don't give a crap how others feel, then maybe they don't deserve any friends at all.

Well you have nothing to be sorry about to me. I don't see why I should care about people that just hate other people without valid reasons.

So what if there's a guy wearing a fake fox tail from the back on his jeans walking downtown or in the mall. So what if someone of any age and gender has a plushie by their side when they sleep. So what if someone chooses to wear a diaper over underwear. Though granted, they should be respectful of others and ya know.. not stink. In other words, no pooping in public. Also and drink plenty of water so your urine doesn't smell.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire_lupine06 View Post
    For this post you have gained alot of respect from me
    Coulden't agree any more.

Asher

Everybody makes mistakes dude; no biggie. Its really cool that you came out and said this though. Mucho respect for you sir; that takes a lot to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox View Post
    Humanity showing worthlessness once again. Sometimes I wonder how I can say I've lost faith in humanity.
    Really? A couple of dolts on the internet made you lose faith in humanity?

Quote Originally Posted by Chillhouse View Post
    Really? A couple of dolts on the internet made you lose faith in humanity?
    Huh? No. The fact that so many people are actually like that. Those aren't AIs you talk to on the internet. They're ACTUAL people. I know it must seem that people find that hard to believe, but it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox View Post
    Huh? No. The fact that so many people are actually like that. Those aren't AIs you talk to on the internet. They're ACTUAL people. I know it must seem that people find that hard to believe, but it's true.
    They are only really like that since they hide behind the veil of the internet, thus they get away with such things. I don't find it to be a big deal and frankly, I just ignore them.

Yeah, that's very true, but they're only showing their true feelings. They're only showing their true hatred and ignorance. They really deserve to be ignored, but sometimes it's hard to just ignore ignorance and hatred while hoping it will disappear on its own.
    Last edited by ShippoFox; 12-Mar-2010 at 00:28.