Thread: Anvil: The Story of ... wait, who?

Default Anvil: The Story of ... wait, who?

I just got this documentary about a group named Anvil. I was a metalhead in the 80's but I've never heard of them.

I thought it was going to be another mockumentary like Spinal Tap, but everything I've read seems to point to this being a legit group.

Has anyone here heard of them?

*Waves arms wildly*

I have. lol. Pretty sure I heard about that doco being in prepro a couple years ago, I went crazy and downloaded their discography because I desperately wanted to like them. I listened to their stuff and didn't really go crazy for it. It's not on my HDD anymore.

I remember a song called metal on metal, which I think I didn't mind. All their album names use alliteration lol.

VH1 Classic was (and still is) constantly advertising this documentary, and I also thought it was going to be another "This Is Spinal Tap" or "The Decline of Western Civilization Part II" when I first heard of it. I have had the song "Metal on Metal" from some mixed 80's metal CD that I picked up at the flea market a couple years ago. Since seeing the film, I found out that I had one of their albums on a cassette tape. I have played part of the album for my friends, and they thought it was Metallica. I wouldn't go out of my way to see them, but they are good enough to keep in rotation on an ipod or other mp3 player.

I saw them with attitude adjustment last month. they were awesome. good classic metal.

I haven't seen the movie yet but it's legit dawg

From what I've heard they were around in the 80's, dropped off the face of the earth and this dvd and a recent tour opening for AC/DC made them big again. Can't say what they're like cause I haven't heard them before though.

Get the documentary.
    I just finished watching it and it was well worth the time.

I may buy one or two of their albums because of that DVD.