Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A few questions regarding bambinos

Default A few questions regarding bambinos

Okay so I was thinking of ordering my first proper diapers since so far all I have worn are pull ups. And I was thinking of getting bambinos. I have a few questions.

1. Since I live in the uk where would the best place to order from. I'm also looking for them to be descreet.
    2. Are they as good as everyone says they are?
    3. Any difference with the Classico and Bianco besides the baby prints?
    4. I'm a 38" I think. And about 15/16 stone. Which would be the best size for me >.>

That's about it I think.

You would probably fit into either medium or large (at least I do). I am also 38" and I usually get mediums. No difference in classico and bianco except the print. They are good but they aren't the best (they are the babiest though except maybe cushies). The Abena Abri-Form X-Plus is cheaper then the bambinos and way more absorbent. I don't know where you can order bambinos from in the UK. I buy my diapers off of ebay but I live in US.

I'll go for whatever is more absorbent since these will be used for my bed wetting problem >.>.

Loopygone

Cuddlz.com sell a nappy thats very simular to the bambino, in fact its pretty much the same thing :P.

Abena X-plus are also great, but for slightly different reasons :P. They're both about as absorbant as each other I say.

I read your abena review and I have never had the plastic stretch like you are saying in your review. Maybe they just don't fit you or you are trying to put the tapes on too tight. When I put on a abena x-plus m4 I wear it for at least 8 hours (usually closer to 12) and I have never once had to refasten the tabs for that reason.

---------- Post added at 03:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 AM ----------

I forgot to mention that I ride a bike in them and I walk around campus and I am a fairly active person so I am not just laying down all day. They aren't stretching when I am moving around a lot.

You should consider Tena Slip Maxi if you're looking for something absorbent.

Quote Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
    Cuddlz.com sell a nappy thats very simular to the bambino, in fact its pretty much the same thing :P.

Abena X-plus are also great, but for slightly different reasons :P. They're both about as absorbant as each other I say.
    What Loopy said & also as walex suggested Tena Slip Maxi is my fav nappy
    Last edited by BabyAlex86; 11-Mar-2010 at 13:05. Reason: added more comment

Loopygone

Quote Originally Posted by Omorashi View Post
    I read your abena review and I have never had the plastic stretch like you are saying in your review. Maybe they just don't fit you or you are trying to put the tapes on too tight. When I put on a abena x-plus m4 I wear it for at least 8 hours (usually closer to 12) and I have never once had to refasten the tabs for that reason.
    Thats the thing, I do like my nappies to be snug and tightly taped up, and other brands don't stretch like abena's seem to for me. Maybe its just a personal thing? I still think they're the best all round nappy. Just that one thing.... anyway, things like this should be in that thread :P.

Hey,

to answer your questions:

1) Try bambinos first. They are on eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace. You can get 2 of them for something like 7. Thats what i did to start of with as you dont want to buy in bulk incase you dont like them. Also Its very discreetly sent (wrapped up in postal bagging)

2) To be honest, i had the same doubts although the only way to know is to try them. From having tried them i love them. They are actually really good in my opinion.

3) The only difference between classico and bianco is the landing zone strip on the front of the nappy. On the classico its colourful with baby written on it and colourful blocks, dummy etc although on the bianco its just plain white with no design on the landing zone.

4) To be honest, im a 30" waist and the medium fits me perfectly, i guess it all just depends on what you want yourself although i think either a medium or large would fit you perfectly. Everyones torso is shaped differently and you just need to experiment with all different kinds of nappies to get the one that right for you.

Also if you want something absorbant then bambinos could be for you. I managed to get 5 decent wettings in them and they still never leaked and i felt like i could go on wetting them but unfortunatly i had to come out of baby mode as my parents were home from work early that day

Hope this helps.

Ginger

Quote Originally Posted by BabyGinger View Post
    Hey,

to answer your questions:

1) Try bambinos first. They are on eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace. You can get 2 of them for something like 7. Thats what i did to start of with as you dont want to buy in bulk incase you dont like them. Also Its very discreetly sent (wrapped up in postal bagging)
    I'm looking right now on eBay and I can't seem to find any .