Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confused about where to start

Question Confused about where to start

I'm Drake. I posted my intro a couple days ago, but I'm stumped on where to start here. My biggest problem here is this is all pretty new to me, and I can't really strike up a conversation with people I know little to nothing about beforehand. Maybe I just need to give it some time?

It can all be a little daunting at the start. If you read around the forums, I think you'll get a sense of what people are about. Maybe you could just sort of ease into it by talking with people about topics that have nothing to do with diapers (we've got a lot of those). I hope you'll find it's worth the effort

I would try to relax and not over think the site. Check out the thread, reading the posts and decide if there is something you want to add. Over a period of time you will get to know the posters and they will get to know you. At first, I was overwhelmed. I had trouble remembering who was who, but in a short while, I became a lot more comfortable with the process. You will too.

I'm pretty much the exact same way, but it's getting a lot easier to talk to people.

It's a message board, you just converse with people. Start by posting in threads.

Welcome to the interwebzz.

I lurked for like three weeks before I started posting... So I'm pretty confident your already beating me :P

But yeah just look around until you start finding some threads that meet your interests, and post in those, for example: In my first few days I stuck mostly around the "Computers and games" section, because that was relevant to my interests at the time.

Drake when you see a topic your interested in or have an opinion on just state your case, after a while you will get to know some of the people here.

Honestly, just jump into a thread with your opinion and response. We certainly don't shun the new members- we love it when this site grows!

And I think this thread has really shown that you want to get involved, and I, for one, really appreciate it.

Well, I've been lurking around the IRC, just watching people post. It's a little discouraging when I do post, for it's tough to actually hold a conversation, or even start one.

I've been also lurking around the forums, but there's not much I can really relate well to, since I'm new to this whole thing.

Yep, just hang around IRC and the forum, comment on what you have an opinion on, and as long as you're a nice enough guy, you'll do fine!

And I may be being biased here, as a bit of a grammar fiend[1], but your posts are using proper English, which is always a good sign

[1] Yes, a grammar fiend who started a paragraph with "and". So sue me