Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 47

Thread: prayer...is anyone really listening?

  1. #1

    Default prayer...is anyone really listening?

    so i was browsing spells and magic (a website i am a regular at) and i stumbled upon an intersting article on prayer, which enforced my reasoning as to why i don't trsu tthe bible and the church.

    Prayer

    if anyone takes the time to read(not skim) this article... tell me what you think


    disclaimer: i put this in the mature topics section because iwant mature responces, if you are going to say 'this is bullshit' gove a reason to it, don't just fill this thread with spam



    -sparky

  2. #2

    Default

    That 'article' was... pretty awful. All over the place (first talking about prayers, then vaguely about the problem of suffering, and then reptiles...), and pretty immature, plus the ending is really weird.
    Is this some kind of joke?!

    Example of its stupidity:


    You are praying to God to answer your call and needs. So are a Zillion other people at the same time. How the Hell do you think this God is gonna be able to hear all of you and answer you....? What... do you think he has a bunch of operators standing by like Tech Support in New Delhi...? And then they eventually relay the message to God...? Hell... I know that me being one person cannot even keep up with all the emails I get. I am sorry but God has better things to do then listen to a bunch of whiners.
    A pretty silly paragraph: an immature tone and completely misunderstands what God is meant to be (all powerful for one!).

  3. #3

  4. #4

    Default



    If mainstream religious people do not believe in reincarnation then that means that this new born baby has never Sinned before so why should the child suffer and come into this world deformed? Right...? It doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to figure this one out!
    This is one place were I disagree, when a child is born I fell that they are full of sin. All they do is want, they are selfish and care about absolutely nothing.



    There is one more important thing to remember here. These Gods and Goddesses were mostly Reptilian Beings with the ability to shape shift. These Reptilian Gods do not like humans. They only created us as a slave race and genetic experiment. So they are not going to listen to your prayers. Now on the other hand.... if you were to do a Blood Sacrifice... they would listen. Blood is what they thrive on.
    This bit here, well to be honest with you, it just sorta pisted me off. These Gods and Goddesses were mostly Reptilian Beings, What?

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie F View Post
    That 'article' was... pretty awful. All over the place (first talking about prayers, then vaguely about the problem of suffering, and then reptiles...), and pretty immature, plus the ending is really weird.
    Is this some kind of joke?!

    Example of its stupidity:

    A pretty silly paragraph: an immature tone and completely misunderstands what God is meant to be (all powerful for one!).
    I thought it was sily too but when i read the second article i linked, it made more sense towards my beleifs

  6. #6

    Default

    Didn't read the article because the above quote was enough to make me not care really.

    Prayer is good though! Seriously, as a dude who has seen stuff happen through faith I can say that I'm totally sure prayer works.

    And if that's not an invitation for someone to come in here and be all like "Slang, you're being ridiculous" I don't know what is.

    And yeah, lots of people are going to be like "proof" and I'll be like "I've seen / had stuff happen in my life" and they'll be like "well that's no good for me I need evidence" and I'll be like "read the bible, check stuff out" and they'll be like "I did and didn't see anything" and 37 posts later we'll either still be going at it or maybe just say apples and oranges and call it a day. And now we don't have to spend a lot of time arguing about it. Cause that's nto the point of the thread. Actually, apparently some reptile diety thing is, but that doesn't sound as cool as it might be. Sorta Mortal Kombatish maybe, but that's it. Whatever.

    Anyways, just wanted to say that I think prayer works. Having checked out different churches within my loverly little life, I can say that I've seen a fair number approaches. People talking to God like a loving parent, a close friend, an employer, a scary king, an awe-inspiring saviour. I guess it's kinda how you're felling about the whole relationship thing. Maybe it's talking to God, maybe it's an invisible friend. We could debate over that for like, ever and ever and stuff. At least until one of us dies and then that one would find out. But either way, I've seen it do so much positive stuff, not just in a supernatural sense, but in a "hey, I got saved and am a lot happier now" sort of way. Again, I present to you know solid evidence that will totally convince you, and I've set up some sort of brainwashing argument too, I would imagine. Whatever, the whole point I think I'm trying to make is that in my experience in life, prayer works.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Slang View Post
    Didn't read the article because the above quote was enough to make me not care really.

    Prayer is good though! Seriously, as a dude who has seen stuff happen through faith I can say that I'm totally sure prayer works.

    And if that's not an invitation for someone to come in here and be all like "Slang, you're being ridiculous" I don't know what is.
    if you would have read the article, he says that prayer is good but we are praying to the wrong deity, a deity that doesn't really exist and is actually an alloted form

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Slang View Post
    Prayer is good though! Seriously, as a dude who has seen stuff happen through faith I can say that I'm totally sure prayer works.

    And if that's not an invitation for someone to come in here and be all like "Slang, you're being ridiculous" I don't know what is.
    Well if you insist. If prayer works, why doesn't it ever regrow severed limbs? Modern medicine has done fingertips, and arms and legs may be possible within my lifetime.

    I don't want to start a pointless argument, but seriously, that article seems absolutely bonkers; and my opinion of religion being what it is, that's quite an achievement.

  9. #9
    LilLillyKitten

    Default

    I haven't read the article, or any posts, but prayer = meditation, and IMO, meditation does hold the potential to make an impact... that is all.

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by komodo View Post
    Well if you insist. If prayer works, why doesn't it ever regrow severed limbs? Modern medicine has done fingertips, and arms and legs may be possible within my lifetime.

    I don't want to start a pointless argument, but seriously, that article seems absolutely bonkers; and my opinion of religion being what it is, that's quite an achievement.
    and what would that opinion be?

    ---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------



    Quote Originally Posted by TygerLily View Post
    I haven't read the article, or any posts, but prayer = meditation, and IMO, meditation does hold the potential to make an impact... that is all.
    prayer =/= meditation IMO

    my view

    prayer: looking to an assented being for guidance to problems and hardships in our lives

    meditation: the act of clearing your mind to attain a heightened spirituality

Similar Threads

  1. So, I was listening to this song...
    By fauseteer in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-Feb-2010, 05:00
  2. *alert* support needed (prayer circle)
    By the0silent0alchemist in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 21-Feb-2009, 12:25

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.