Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm new here. Will you be my friend? :)

Default I'm new here. Will you be my friend? :)

I'm a fur. I'm a DL. I'm not into AB (living or playing in an age-regressed mindset), infantilism (bottles, cribs, baby prints), or littlefur (playing young characters). To me, they're totally different games, that happen to share a piece of equipment. I hope to meet some of you who share my interests in that regard.

I find it frustrating when people assume that my interest in diapers implies all those other things. It seems particularly prevalent in the furry community, where I feel like a small minority as a non-AB/littlefur DL. Don't worry, I love all you AB guys too. There's room enough for everyone.

I'm a geek. I love computers, math, electronics, philosophy, and tinkering with mechanical things. I like making cars go fast.

I live with my mate of many years, who shares many of these interests. He's also into a little ageplay; he plays as a teenfur sometimes. When he's good, he gets put in diapers. When he's bad, he doesn't get let back out.

There's a lot more, but you'll have to get to know me if you want to know everything.

So, let's open it for questions. What would you guys like to know about me?

I was wondering the other day why I never seemed to see any DL furs (I'm not well-versed in the whole thing). I figured they must be out there, but they weren't speaking up or something. Anyway, I hope you'll find the place to your liking, welcome to the site

Butterfly Mage

I'm a techno-nerd too. Welcome

Welcome to the forums! I'm no fur but I am a dl and know what you mean be people assuming things. Just looking at your interests and I can tell you will fit right in here.
    When you say electronics what exactly are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I was wondering the other day why I never seemed to see any DL furs ... I figured they must be out there, but they weren't speaking up or something.
    I've been reluctant to speak up, because I don't want to be associated with some of the babyfurs who have... how to put this gently... not done a good job representing their subculture to the wider furry community. It only takes a handful of incidents to create some misconceptions that take far too many words to overcome, and other than my closest friends, it hasn't been worth it.

I suspect there are a lot more DL furs out there who're keeping a low profile for the same reasons as I. So now I'm here, and hopefully my little contribution here will help them along as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisusernamewontfi View Post
    When you say electronics what exactly are you referring to?
    I build electronic doohickeys as a hobby. It started when my parents bought me an electronics set at an early age. I took to it quickly, and recognizing this, they kept feeding me bigger sets, books, education, and whatever else they could find that would help me along.

The stuff you can get these days is awesome. I wish I had access to microcontrollers as a kid! But I'm making up for lost time, fast.
    Last edited by Trevor; 11-Mar-2010 at 14:51. Reason: merging posts

Quote Originally Posted by JessFox View Post
    I've been reluctant to speak up, because I don't want to be associated with some of the babyfurs who have... how to put this gently... not done a good job representing their subculture to the wider furry community. It only takes a handful of incidents to create some misconceptions that take far too many words to overcome, and other than my closest friends, it hasn't been worth it.

I suspect there are a lot more DL furs out there who're keeping a low profile for the same reasons as I. So now I'm here, and hopefully my little contribution here will help them along as well.
    This site is really my only point of contact with furs and I'd have thought they'd be less reluctant to mention being a DL only here. This is particulary the case since unless they say different, a fur who likes diapers (by the numbers) seems to be a babyfur to a greater or lesser extent. Your sub-sub group needs better representation.

Another Cali fur? Nice!

Apparently I need to check out the intros more often here.

Well Jess, you seem pretty damn sane so far from what I can tell. I know all too well what you mean by the bad representations of our community. I keep a small group who I vibe with well. Respect for each other is a two way street. Creepiness need not apply ha!

All about that filter system.

Well welcome. I like to get to know you better honestly. Feel free to send me a message sometime.

Welcome to the site!!

I'm a fur as well normal fur not intothe babyfur thing. (I did try it once.)

I love techno to.

You seem like a neat person.
    Last edited by scoo; 11-Mar-2010 at 22:25.

Quote Originally Posted by statik View Post
    Another Cali fur? Nice! Apparently I need to check out the intros more often here.
    Yep, there are a few of us out here... More like a few thousand. Where about are you?

Well Jess, you seem pretty damn sane so far from what I can tell.
    I'm nuts, but it's a benign sort of nuts.

I like to get to know you better honestly. Feel free to send me a message sometime.
    May I ask why? But yes, keep in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    This site is really my only point of contact with furs and I'd have thought they'd be less reluctant to mention being a DL only here. ... Your sub-sub group needs better representation.
    Sure, there's no need to be shy here, but I suspect that a lot of them have been closeted or driven away from the community entirely. I've seen a lot of other sites that didn't seem like the right crowd for me. A great many DL furs may go and hide before ending up here.

I'm here, and ready to represent. How do I start?
    Last edited by JessFox; 12-Mar-2010 at 08:41. Reason: Merging posts

Peachy

Welcome to ADISC! *passes out free Molicare diapers with a hole for your tail*