Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever notice all the people we have lurking?

Default Anyone ever notice all the people we have lurking?

Surely I'm not the only one that goes "Wow, 150+ People lurking without accounts currently? Are there that many who just watch conversations rather than partake in them?"

Seriously...seems odd that we have that many folks watching us on here...should we like...offer them some cookies and diapers to register?

Think about it, we could go from This: to This: if we could get them all to register!

Probably just me being tired and rambling on about dumb stuff though.

Well... I lurk, but logged in. And I post on occasion too. Truth be told, I just noticed them all last night. It was a big WTF moment for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
    Surely I'm not the only one that goes "Wow, 150+ People lurking without accounts currently? Are there that many who just watch conversations rather than partake in them?"
    Actually, the number of people lurking without accounts is a bit different, in my mind, than the number of people lurking who do have accounts. Those who do not have accounts yet are often on their first few visits to the site. I'm pretty sure we still have a limit to the number of pages/posts a person can view before they have to set up an account to view any more.

Seriously...seems odd that we have that many folks watching us on here...should we like...offer them some cookies and diapers to register
    Well, sounds like a good marketing strategy to me (although that might lead to a few alternate accounts, lol).
    Again, I feel it's a bit more interesting to get the lurkers who've never posted to feel comfortable enough to jump in than getting people who are non-members lurking to sign up (since they have limitations in place). That is, if it's privacy you're concerned about here.

I would like to see lurking non-members join though. Could always use more members, right?

Quote Originally Posted by spddan View Post
    Actually, the number of people lurking without accounts is a bit different, in my mind, than the number of people lurking who do have accounts. Those who do not have accounts yet are often on their first few visits to the site. I'm pretty sure we still have a limit to the number of pages/posts a person can view before they have to set up an account to view any more.
    Yes there is a limit but all someone has to do is clear there cookies and they can keep on lurking. Not that I did that.
    >.>
    <.<

Perhaps they have no interest in diapers and we are their entertainment.
    It could be that we are seeing the larval stage in the life of an immature troll.
    Perhaps they see us as being in a cage and they decided that they were too afraid to stick their hand into the pen at the petting zoo.

Or it may be as simple as my progression. When I first came online my paranoia flared up and I couldn't shake the feeling that all of these people could be one or two who were involved in a clever practical joke. That or it was a sting operation to eliminate freaks from the gene pool.

This was all before I realized just how messed up the world is and that liking to wear diapers is acceptable compared to many of the life threatening psychosis available.

Quote Originally Posted by khaymen View Post
    When I first came online my paranoia flared up and I couldn't shake the feeling that all of these people could be one or two who were involved in a clever practical joke. That or it was a sting operation to eliminate freaks from the gene pool.
    You know, it's funny because I had the exact same feeling when I first joined

Lurkers are just diaper enthusiasts that are not ready to commit, yet they have a strong interest in being part of the community.

Give them a break when they feel comfy they will join, some are too afraid right now some may join later and some will just keep lurking.

There might also be some suspicious characters lurking around too .. watch your shoulders ?

Slang thinks we should cut oout their eyes and eat them, but he's had bad ideas before.

I dunno, I check out a lot of threads. Don't post in all of them, because sometimes I have nothing to say, sometimes it's best not to say what I have to say and sometimes what I have to say has already been said, numerous times even. So I don't know if that's really lurking, especially since I have a fairly decent chunk of posts (not a few grand like some, but I think that about a hundred for every month I've been here makes a fair argument for me having way too much spare time on my hands). For every ten threads read, maybe I post in one. Whatever, I guess that makes these delightful musings all the more special for my legions of fans across the globe (I know you can't get enough). But these lurkers... well they're a dicey lot indeed. They come around, going about with their invisible tomfoolery, no doubt mocking and judging every single comment any one of us takes the time to post. Nothing worse than a sneaky lurker with all there... uh... lurking... and stuff. Seriously, I understand that some people need to get their feet wet, but I'm spilling my heart out here and frankly I cann't trust somebody who hasn't taken the time to join our happy little family. Commit or get lost... that's my motto. Seriously, it's written on me wall. Or maybe it isn't. You'll never know. You lurkers can read what I write on ADISC but you'll never know of the words I have carved into my home and the furnishings within it. Last laugh is right here.

But seriously... and let's be serious here. Don't judge lurkers, because you just never know. You never know. Carfeul what you say though, because they could be watching right now...