Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anger leading to crying?

Default Anger leading to crying?

Ok, so here is a little bit about me, that has been going on for years:

For as long as I can remember, I get angry VERY easily (Probably due to the tension I had at home for nearly my entire life), over things that you normally wouldn't get like LIVID about. And, sometimes it will get worse as time goes on. The example I want to bring up is:

One night I was on my mom's laptop, that has wireless internet. Normal night, nothing special going on online, connection had been iffy the whole evening. Then, the connection fully just goes OUT. I can't get the the signal back, and I just LOSE it. I start getting pissed, cursing at the computer like you wouldn't believe. And then, at one point, I start to cry. And, I don't mean, like a tear falls down out of frustration, I have to bury my head in my pillow so my mom doesn't hear me crying in the other room.

Is it normal to have frustration build up like that, until you can sometimes lose it? Or am I basically having a breakdown, based on something else? I've had regular breakdowns, when shit just gets too heavy, but I can't ever tell if those kinds of breakdowns are because of the anger, or a combination.

I would say that it might be normal for you but not normal for someone else, some people get more frustrated than others, we all handel stress in different ways.

That is your way of dealing with your stress.

When I get frustrated with something I try to walk away from the problem and come back later, it seems to work for me.

I was an emotional train wreck when I was younger, it just went away as I got older hope the same happens for you, untill then chill and take it easy problems that are here now will still be here later to deal with.

Makes sense, I suppose. I don't ever really know how to analyze how I go about things.

I sure hope things level out for me, as well. Life just sucks right now xD

Quote Originally Posted by ballucanb View Post
    That is your way of dealing with your stress.
    While it's fine to have your own way of dealing with stress, you have to make sure it's a healthy way. Infantilism is a healthy way because it cannot harm you or anybody else, but as soon as parents find out and flip out then it does infact become harmful.

It's my guess that if you are trying to deal with stress by doing this (whether intentionally or not) it's not working. Getting so worked up that you cry might make you temporaraly feel better, but over all it will put you in a foul mood and therefore be innafective at helping the stress and become unhealthy.

I personally think that too many little things are stacking up and you're getting overwhelmed to the point where anything else no matter how small becomes the tipping point. This is not a good place to be. If it is just too many little things, you need to start clearing some of them away. I suggest making a list of everything you need to get done and crossing them off as you finnish. It's really rewarding to scratch off objectives one by one and is a very healthy way to deal and solve stress.

If there's something big going on, then you're going to have to deal with it. This is not a very healthy state to be in, and the quicker you get out the happier you will be.

There is a MESS of things going on, several small, several large, most out of my control. It makes me really on edge all the time. I'm living a life of almost complete solitude, which I don't think is helping. I'm developing almost a stir craze from being at the house so much. I have no car to get out with, no money to pay for gas, even if I did. I'm stuck in my current state.

EDIT: Not to mention, I really don't know where a "Good place" for me would be. I've lived my entire life just taking what I'm given, I have NO idea what would really make me happy, I've always just gotten by.

Well, the little things you can control try to take care of them. As for leaving the house, you've got two feet. I have a car and I still walk everywhere I can. In the summer I'd run 18 miles from the summer camp I work at to the nearest town just because I could. The endorphins do help relieve stress and talk about healthy. Try hooking up with some local friends on foot.

I suppose I could walk around. The nearest place to go is a good 10 miles away, but I suppose if I REALLY wanted to...As far as hooking up with friends, my only friend in this town (Literally, I'm living in a different town than in highschool) is who I'm living with hahah. I could be the first hitchhiker that tries to make friends, instead of getting a ride.

I'm trying to get some money, through loans, even, to move out of this house, and go to college in a bigger town. Someplace I COULD easily socialize in. I think the college experience would help tons, as well.

Ultima, you could be having minor breaks from reality. I went through what you're going through when I was in college. A lot of things were going on in my life. I didn't like nor accept my infantailism, but I was driven to it. I was in love with several males that I knew I could have no relationship with, all the while having sex with my college room mate, who I really did love. I was doing endless drugs and alcohol. To make matters worse, my friends were being drafted into the Viet Nam War. I went home one weekend when my parents were having company. At the dinner table, for no reason, I just started crying. My mom sent me to a shrink and it was decided I was having a psychotic break. You have those same signs.

Link's given you some good advise. He always amazes me with his wisdom and maturity. You need to take control of your life. That's what I did. I think, from what you have described, that you need professional help, someone to guide you and help you overcome some obvious obstacles.

Since you talk about being stuck at home with no car and no money, I'm guessing you are not going to college, and don't have a job. Sometimes, depression and other emotional problems keep us from being able to accomplish the things we need to do. When that happens, you need some one to guide you, in small steps, through life. You start small, and work your way up to bigger things which eventually lead to independence, and hopefully, relationships with other individuals. Through relationships, we affirm ourselves, and get much needed support. It's hard to deal with this world alone.

I hope in suggesting all of this you realize that I'm on your side. I'm not being critical, but I do think you need help from an outside source. Good luck.

xdeadx

It's normal for me. If I'm angry enough I start to cry.

Although, I don't get angry very easily at all. I'm not sure what to tell you about getting angry, I don't know how to solve that. It sounds kind of like a break down to me. I mean, I'm just not really sure. Maybe you could work on being a bit calmer and turn your anger into something productive? Then you wouldn't get so mad all the time :3

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Ultima, you could be having minor breaks from reality. I went through what you're going through when I was in college. A lot of things were going on in my life. I didn't like nor accept my infantailism, but I was driven to it. I was in love with several males that I knew I could have no relationship with, all the while having sex with my college room mate, who I really did love. I was doing endless drugs and alcohol. To make matters worse, my friends were being drafted into the Viet Nam War. I went home one weekend when my parents were having company. At the dinner table, for no reason, I just started crying. My mom sent me to a shrink and it was decided I was having a psychotic break. You have those same signs.

Link's given you some good advise. He always amazes me with his wisdom and maturity. You need to take control of your life. That's what I did. I think, from what you have described, that you need professional help, someone to guide you and help you overcome some obvious obstacles.

Since you talk about being stuck at home with no car and no money, I'm guessing you are not going to college, and don't have a job. Sometimes, depression and other emotional problems keep us from being able to accomplish the things we need to do. When that happens, you need some one to guide you, in small steps, through life. You start small, and work your way up to bigger things which eventually lead to independence, and hopefully, relationships with other individuals. Through relationships, we affirm ourselves, and get much needed support. It's hard to deal with this world alone.

I hope in suggesting all of this you realize that I'm on your side. I'm not being critical, but I do think you need help from an outside source. Good luck.
    I realize you're on my side, and I really appreciate your kind words. Going and getting help is the hard part for me. The only reason I'm able to speak so freely here, is because my near anonymity on the site. People know me, but do not know who I am. As far as I can tell, most people see me as a care-free, easy going, happy-go-lucky individual. And it would kill me to have them think otherwise. I have so much I just want to talk about, to just say, SCREAM, but I don't know where to turn. I don't know how to find a psych here, let along how I would get to them.

I tend to try to zone out, and forget about the world, forget that I'm even here. I can't think about the problems if I don't think. I'll admit, I'll sometimes become aware of what I'm doing. I sleep a lot, sometimes 12-14 hours at a time (Combination insomnia, and that if I'm asleep, I can dream), and I realize I'm sleeping my life away. But, it's almost like a drug. I don't feel happier, but I don't feel the bad. My dreams can be whatever I want. Ok, I'm rambling, you get my point, though.