Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moving to the USA

Default Moving to the USA

I've been looking at visas for moving to the US, and I'm a bit baffled by it all. I'm either looking for a permanent move to the US or a 3/6 month visa that will allow me to work there while I visit. I've got a place in NYC to stay sorted and I've also got work sorted out.

Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated. I'm unsure if I'll be able to get online in the next few days to respond to any replies but I will check. Thanks so much if you can help.

Well for starters the Celtics are a Basketball team :p.

Celtics.com: The official website of the Boston Celtics.

Anyways good luck... though if you only get a 3/6mo visa I'm not sure if its worth it unless you have a job lined up or can afford not to get a job during your time here. The economy isn't exactly great and I don't see companies lining up to hire a very temporary worker.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Well for starters the Celtics are a Basketball team :p.

Celtics.com: The official website of the Boston Celtics.

Anyways good luck... though if you only get a 3/6mo visa I'm not sure if its worth it unless you have a job lined up or can afford not to get a job during your time here. The economy isn't exactly great and I don't see companies lining up to hire a very temporary worker.
    My Celtic were founded in 1888, so we had the name first. Therefore, get your own name. :P

The girl I'd be living with has guaranteed me a job so I don't need to worry about that. It's just the initial cost of moving out there and getting a visa sorted out that's a bit daunting.

Also for starters, the New York Yankees are an even better Baseball Team.

But hopefully you will enjoy your time here in the USA. Don't eat yellow snow and hopefully the good cracks in America's economy can help you get a decent time living here. Best wishes!

Quote Originally Posted by tk7432 View Post
    Also for starters, the New York Yankees are an even better Baseball Team.

But hopefully you will enjoy your time here in the USA. Don't eat yellow snow and hopefully the good cracks in America's economy can help you get a decent time living here. Best wishes!
    I don't know the rules of baseball but my friend Jane is determined to take me to a Yankees game. I do like basketball and football (soccer to you) so I'll check the NYC teams out when I'm there.

Once a Yankees fan always a Yankees fan. But there are always the Giants, Jets, Rangers, Islanders, Nets, Knicks, and the Mets. I am not that much of a soccer fan, but it is really not as plentiful as it is in the rest of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by fuctifano View Post
    I don't know the rules of baseball but my friend Jane is determined to take me to a Yankees game. I do like basketball and football (soccer to you) so I'll check the NYC teams out when I'm there.
    Futball.

Sigh, please promise you won't start saying soccer, football all the way!

Oh and there is no such thing as rugby over here, sadly.
    Everyone moves to NYC, why doesn't Boston get any love?

I wouldn't want to move to the USA from Scotland. I'd rather move to Scotland from the USA. But I don't have any plans to actually do that. I could see wanting to move to the USA if you lived in some terrible country, but I certainly would not say Scotland is a terrible place. Then again, I've never been there and I don't have much faith in my country lately.

Before anyone tries, don't play the ridiculous "then go somewhere else" card. That's not the kinda thing you can just do so easily! And there is a part of my mind that would rather see the country improve than abandon it. It's not some third world country, so there are lots of good things about it, even if lots of stuff sucks too.