Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Health problems: Liquid intake

Default Health problems: Liquid intake

Not sure if this is the right place but mods, Feel free to move if I'm wrong. And that most of you will tell me to go to my doctor but I'd thought I would post in here first.

It all started when I was 12 I think. I didn't think much of it back then. I'm talking about bedwetting. Managed to hide it well and to this day I still do. I am now 17 and it is still happening but now it kinda is on and off. Might be stress related I don't know.

The other issue is recently I gave up fizzy Juice and caffeine etc. And have been drinking more water. Now at first that doesn't seem out of the ordinary the issue lies with. No matter how much I drink. My thirst never seems to die down leading me to drink about 6 or 7 litres of water a day. Leading me to go to the bathroom more.

This morning I left the house fine but I really needed to go by the time I got to the bus stop but it was kinda late to turn back because I would miss my bus. So I got on the bus. But it takes me about an hour to get where I am going. There was a toilet on the bus but it was locked and I didn't ask the driver. Mainly because I was sitting at the bus. More and more time and I couldn't hold it in any long :yucky: and you guessed it. I wet myself, But lucky for me since I had been drinking water. It was clear and didn't smell, At least I could not smell it. The heater had also been turned on so my jeans were dry by the time I got into town. But I'm still not sure what to think of that.

My partner was like that with needing to drink an endless supply of water. He went to a doctor and found out he has type 2 diabetes.

So yeah, go to a doctor.

I did not say it to scare you or make any kind of diagnosis. It is manageable, but certainly not fun.

If you think you have a problem, you should see a doctor. Better to go and find out you are healthy than not go and leave something that could be serious undiagnosed

Quote Originally Posted by DJHusky View Post
    My thirst never seems to die down leading me to drink about 6 or 7 litres of water a day. Leading me to go to the bathroom more.
    Insatiable thirst is indeed a symptom of diabetes. You may or may not have it, but it is absolutely worth checking out to make sure, because untreated diabetes can be deadly.

My best bud was feeling out of it and was always thirsty. By the time he went to the doctor, his blood sugar was high enough that he should have been in a coma, if not dead. He has Type 1 Diabetes (unlike Type 2, it's an autoimmune disease that attacks the pancreas), but it's thankfully treatable. So is Type 2.

Best to get yourself checked out, just to be safe.

Excessive thirst could be just a salty diet, if your eating a lot of salty foods or per paired foods than contain high amounts of sodium it will make you thirsty.

I would get checked out, if it is just your diet you can modify that easy, but if it the start of diabetes you need to know as soon as possible to avoid health problems later on in life.

My mom and her parents were all diabetics it runs in our family so I get checked out regularly, but I keep my self in check and there is no sign of it in me.

xdeadx

I drink endless water and it does make you go to the bathroom a lot. I usually just have like scheduled times I got to the bathroom so something like that doesn't happen.

About the bedwetting, I'm not really sure what to tell you. I'm not even a noob on the subject :B

Yes, go to a health care provider to get checked out. You could be dealing with a variety of issues, and the provider will be able to make a more specific diagnosis. Several people are correct about the symptoms of diabetes mellitus, but diabetes insipidus could also be an issue (which is usually secondary to another health issue.) This is why you need to be seen by someone to get a diagnosis.

Same issue with me. I am always ridiculously thirsty. If I don't drink something lets say every half an hour to an hour I will get cotton mouth and start feeling like I am about to pass out. (eg, get really dizzy, my vision will go dim and I will be very tired) I also notice that I have an appetite for sweet foods. Hell, water, no matter HOW MUCH of it I drink, it will not quench my thirst. It just HAS to be a soda. I have drank almost 1L of water in under 5 minutes and still ridiculously thirsty. As soon as I take 1 sip of soda, I am fine. Not to mention I also seem to have bottomless hunger when I do get hungry. I can eat and eat and eat but I don't feel full until I stop eating for 10-15 minutes, (another example is that I can eat 11-12 Mcdouble Hamburgers from Mcdonald's and I don't get "full" until about 15 minutes after, at which point it hits me like a ton of bricks and I can barely move..) I am also extremely lazy. Could I have diabetes?

Quote Originally Posted by ballucanb View Post
    Excessive thirst could be just a salty diet, if your eating a lot of salty foods or per paired foods than contain high amounts of sodium it will make you thirsty.

I would get checked out, if it is just your diet you can modify that easy, but if it the start of diabetes you need to know as soon as possible to avoid health problems later on in life.

My mom and her parents were all diabetics it runs in our family so I get checked out regularly, but I keep my self in check and there is no sign of it in me.
    No my diet is fine. I eat pretty healthy. Though lately I have been eating less.