Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What would you pay?

Error404

Default What would you pay?

Thanks for the inputs guys!
    Last edited by Error404; 10-Mar-2010 at 11:06.

To be brutally honest there were a few drawings that I wouldn't pay anything.

However, for the majority of the artwork I'd be willing to pay anywhere between 20-30 US dollars a picture.

There were also a couple of pieces I would be willing to pay up to $50.

Error404

Quote Originally Posted by babymace View Post

However, for the majority of the artwork I'd be willing to pay anywhere between 20-30 US dollars a picture.

Thanks Mace, that's the sort of post I need. True honest opinions. <3

I've passed the post onto the artist.

Quote Originally Posted by babymace View Post

i would have to agree... some of them are cute, but i really wouldn't pay for them. maybe it is because i know better artists? wow that sounded like a horrible thing to say....but...yeah, with personal preference i wouldn't pay for them, but they are cute though.

Error404

Quote Originally Posted by r4di0sensitive View Post
    i would have to agree... some of them are cute, but i really wouldn't pay for them. maybe it is because i know better artists? wow that sounded like a horrible thing to say....but...yeah, with personal preference i wouldn't pay for them, but they are cute though.
    Thanks. Passed it on to the artist.

Wow. I had to reread to make sure I was actually reading that right.

Here's the brutal truth. Those rules will make sure I never commission this mystery person. I have done quite my share of business with all kinds of artists so I know for a fact this is bullshit. If I pay for the art, it's mine and I will do damn well what I want with it. The only thing I would never do is resell it for profit. Seriously, good luck to your friend. There's plenty of other artists out there who will not throw red tape at you or even mention the word lawsuit. Pass.

Error404

Quote Originally Posted by statik View Post

Here's the brutal truth. Those rules will make sure I never commission this mystery person. I have done quite my share of business with all kinds of artists so I know for a fact this is bullshit. If I pay for the art, it's mine and I will do damn well what I want with it. The only thing I would never do is resell it for profit. Seriously, good luck to your friend. There's plenty of other artists out there who will not throw red tape at you or even mention the word lawsuit. Pass.
    ...Umm...What? I'm stating you can't use the above pieces (samples) as they are MINE that >I< have had paid for...

I'm just using them as examples...You'd have full rights to whatever YOU pay for...

Quote Originally Posted by Error404 View Post
    Thanks. Passed it on to the artist.
    i know what i said kinda sounded....assholeish... but that wasn't my intent :-p i just sounded kinda like an asshole when i re-read it XD

Quote Originally Posted by statik View Post

I don't think the artist has any of the rules you are talking about. Those rules were Error404 rules in regard to copying his own pictures and using them.
    Last edited by babymace; 06-Mar-2010 at 17:39.

The ones with the background and scenery I'd pay between 20 and 25 dollars. For the simpler ones I'd pay between 10 and 15. I loved all of the drawings, especially in sample 15 with the reference to me