Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite living setting?

Default What is your favorite living setting?

For example, mine is rural. Like, desert rural. I don't know. I like being away from people and kind of "on my own in a way" . Just wondering what others prefer? Urban, Suburban, Rural? Somewhere in between? Does it vary?
    Last edited by PetPuppyAlex; 06-Mar-2010 at 00:59. Reason: Finished post.

Ski resort living. Like living on a nice ski mountain in a community of ski houses. Like kinda remote, but not completely in the boonies.

Good point. See, I think I'm doing a good job of working out some original posts

I definitely like a suburban setting. Big enough that you have privacy, but small enough that you don't feel crowded.

Outscerts of a city; Out of the city for privacy but not to far away I could bike anywhere needed.

2,500 posts! :happy:

I really want to try rural. I only get to experience it on the occasion. Kilometres away from the city, acres and acres of forest, hills, streams, ponds and lakes... my heart flares just thinking about it.

Well, I lived next to a farm on the outskirts of a small town in Northern Ontario. No other city for three hours. That's pretty rural. Then I shook things up a bit by moving to Toronto in the fall last year, and so far I'm loving it.

I come up with these crazy living scenarios in my head sometimes, and my favourite would be living on the coast in a small house with a bunch of surfers near a large city. Somewhere sub-tropical too.

I am dying to move to a large city. I've always lived out in the boonies, and it gets old after awhile.

Tropical, Somewhere with lots of water.

By the water! An ocean or sound. I live where a river meets a salt marsh that leads to Long Island Sound. I wouldn't trade it for anywhere else in the world and I've visited a lot of it. If I was rich I'd buy up my neighbors homes and restore the land but I'd not leave my modest lot.