Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: what do you want to do before you die?

Default what do you want to do before you die?

So What are some things that you want to do before you die?

I Want my art to be featured in an art exhibit.

I want to be married, have some kids, nice home and know they will be provided for before i died. That's all i care about really, have done for a while now

3 boys would be so awesome!

Butterfly Mage

I want to work my way up to third degree initiate status in Wicca. I also want to get a few pulp fiction novels published.

Fuck whoever I want to fuck
    Become a successful Architect (realistically)
    Become a rapper and have a 2x Platinum Album
    Run for Governor in Puerto Rico after retirement

Quote Originally Posted by Valerye View Post
    So What are some things that you want to do before you die?
    Aside from "two chicks at the same time?"

Since I was very young, I have had a goal of "writ[ing] books and help[ing] people."

So. The big things are these:
    1. Live a life that demonstrates compassion, caring, genuine-ness, and patience;
    2. Help ease the needless suffering of people;
    3. Make the world a very slightly better place through education and kindness.

All other desires, outside of these, are illusory. However, they're powerful:
    1. Become an effective university professor;
    2. Write and publish at least 3 books;
    3. Share my life with someone who truly loves me for who I am;
    4. Share nights (and days) of passion, romance, and lovemaking with this person;
    5. Have and raise 2-3 children, and see them go into the world and themselves make it a slightly better place.

Finally, the whims-that-are-meaningless-but-fun include:
    1. Owning a home with LOTS of land and freedom;
    2. Buying a brand-new car at some point.

Haha h3g3l, I seem to be following you all night.

This is something I've been thinking a lot about lately. Our school system, my one job where I get hospitalization for me and more importantly, my wife, must cut 20% from its budget. They're talking about cutting all the TAs. I'm tired of fighting the system.

That said, I definitely would want to finish writing my book, and no matter what happens short of dropping dead, I will do that. I want to see it published.

My book takes place in Holly Park, New Jersey, and I would like to return there. It's along Barnegat Bay, and I need to see it one more time.

As h3g3l knows, I would like to walk on the beach one more time with my wife. Right now she can't walk, so that would be awesome.

In no particular order-

Get published.
    Heal from the past well-enough, that 'Touch' (esp. intimate), doesn't send me into near hysterics. Just a nice 'cuddle' would be a Godsend...
    Manage the physical pain to the point where I can actually say and mean it, when I reply 'I feel good' (in general response to the oft-asked, 'How're you doing?')...

Try and improve my empathy and interaction with/towards others. I've built up so many walls, I feel cut off from my fellow peeples... heh heh heh

Lastly,,, if I were to win the Lottery,,, I wouldn't complain!

:: grins ::

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I want to be married, have some kids, nice home and know they will be provided for before i died.
    This for a start, family is important to me.

Also become a forensic toxicologist, go skydiving, see Slash in concert and perform stand up comedy at least once (dream would be to become a stand up comedian).

Nothing really fancy for me.

Work hard, and save up enough to live on the dividends of my nest egg. To be able to wake up every morning, and say "Hmmm... what do I want to do with my time today?"

Sucks though that my youth will be wasted on the effort to get to that point in life, but it's no different that any average person.