Thread: Phone Calls

Default Phone Calls

I have been thinking of this technique lately and just can't seem how to go about it. I would like to call my friend after school, at night, or whenever(no need for that to sound creepy). But, me being a male, talking on the phone about nothing isn't really in my blood. I do want to talk to her via the phone when I can't at school, but if I call her, what do I say??? I don't want to call and have her be thinking "Is this going somewhere"? What do I talk about, please someone just tell me how to go about this method of socialization.

Try talking on MSN (or similar) instead, there's less pressure to come up with conversation on the spot.

Is she a chatty person? If she is then I wouldn't worry about it at all! Girls are used to talking on the phone about nothing, so she should take the lead.

Good conversation starters:
    "What have you been up to?", follow up with more questions.
    "Wasn't [something you both recently experienced] funny/sad/crazy/otherwise interesting?"
    Or just random questions!

Bad conversation:
    Questions that only really give one word answers: "How are you?".
    Boring topics such as "Nice weather we're having", or school work.
    Talking about yourself too much.

I think what it really comes down to is....WHY do you want to call her? Are in interested in her? If that's the case, just call and ask how she is. Maybe ask her if she wants to grab a coffee or something some time.

annierighthurr

Besides my good friends and also some people from the ABDL world who I don't have the benefit of living near by, I very rarely actually just chat on the phone just to chat. If a guy randomly called me, I would wonder what the motive is.

Can you text her instead? Texting in my opinion and experience, break the ice a lot better then just chatting on the phone. Also more causal and a lot less stressful. Maybe not as personal, but hey, less likely you'll make an idiot of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by annierighthurr View Post
    Besides my good friends and also some people from the ABDL world who I don't have the benefit of living near by, I very rarely actually just chat on the phone just to chat. If a guy randomly called me, I would wonder what the motive is.

Can you text her instead? Texting in my opinion and experience, break the ice a lot better then just chatting on the phone. Also more causal and a lot less stressful. Maybe not as personal, but hey, less likely you'll make an idiot of yourself.
    Completely agree with this. Texting is better for multiple reasons.

1) you say you don't have much to talk about. A ten minute conversation on the phone could take a couple hours through texts.

2) The "awkward silence" is easily attributed to "Sorry, didn't hear my phone"

3) It's more private, so people won't be eavesdropping.

Plus, holding a phone makes your arm tired... lol