Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Infinity Ward President Removed By Security

Olivia

Default Infinity Ward President Removed By Security

If you don't know whats going on Activision blizzard (the guys who own infinity ward currently) Got security on the president of the company and removed him from any power.

Basically Jason west the president of the company is no unemployed and according to his facebook drinking. They apparently might of been in talks with other company's for when the contract expires.

Activision Blizzard apparently thought Modern Warfare was not a good idea and they should of stuck to actual wars and not fictional ones from what I've read, and may kick them from there own game project to bring in someone else possibly the guys who made world at war.

And according to many sites Infinity Ward has not received a bit of royalties from the games (that is if there contract calls for that)

Later this year Activison Blizzard shall be releasing a new Cod game from Treyarch (Possibly the one in Nam?)

They have also said that Infinity Ward is "central to Call of Duty's future"

I personally am not a hug fan of Cod though Modern Warfare 2 is pretty awesome (note I do not play online so I don't have gripes about that minus all the hacking and exploitation that they don't do a thing about from what I hear)

Also a link to the article Jason West Infinity Ward

Thoughts on all of this anyone?

I am surprised a game company would ever pull shit like this considering how successful Modern Warfare is. Then again, they totally screwed up the PC version of CoD:MW2 due to lack of dedicated servers for clans and tournaments.

So I'll buy Battle Field: Bad Comany 2, that is if I want a multi-player war game.

The best and most awesome irony in all of this is that Activision recently stated at GDC that they were sad and guilty about taking Guitar Hero away from Red Octane, the same thing they are doing to CoD.

Olivia

Quote Originally Posted by Needsaname View Post
    The best and most awesome irony in all of this is that Activision recently stated at GDC that they were sad and guilty about taking Guitar Hero away from Red Octane, the same thing they are doing to CoD.
    Yes but as my post said Infinity Ward is needed for call of duty to survive somewhat. Though they have 2 other studios making 2 different games.

I'll just quote Tim Schaefer on this one:
    "Getting mad at Activision for this kind of thing is like getting mad at an ape for throwing feces. It's just how the beast communicates."

Olivia

Quote Originally Posted by walex View Post
    I'll just quote Tim Schaefer on this one:
    "Getting mad at Activision for this kind of thing is like getting mad at an ape for throwing feces. It's just how the beast communicates."
    Indeed, Indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    Yes but as my post said Infinity Ward is needed for call of duty to survive somewhat. Though they have 2 other studios making 2 different games.
    I think you misunderstood me, I was criticizing Activision for stealing IP's from their original developers, not suggesting that CoD could continue to survive without IW.

Olivia

Quote Originally Posted by Needsaname View Post
    I think you misunderstood me, I was criticizing Activision for stealing IP's from their original developers, not suggesting that CoD could continue to survive without IW.
    Ah but they're not stealing when they own the rights legally. sad thing is the ceo of the company doesn't like gaming at all.

Last I read, he and the other guy were let go do to Insubordination. Now what they actually did is anyones guess, but I know one of them made mention not to long ago that he had plans to move on from IW and start up a new company...

He probably just got too vocal for their liking in interviews as it pertains to MW2 which fro those who dont play, is riddled with exploits, glitches and such a mess of coding errors that IW refuses to acknowledge it has times when its unplayable. Then again, thats what they get for not having a beta. Like Fire2box said, I plan on picking up BC2 tomrrow and joining my friends who are migrating to what is already shaping up to be the game to beat right now.

This would be a PR disaster for Activision except...

COD is a very widespread game. Unless they stick a notice on the main menu, 95% of it's players won't notice or care.