Thread: Star Trek Online

Default Star Trek Online

I just stumbled across Star Trek Online and wondered what you guys think of it.

I never was a WoW fan, but they may just sucker me in with a Star Trek game.

I could let out my inner Klingon!

I was pretty interested in its development, but the demos I've seen haven't appealed to me. It looks like too much shoot 'em up to feel like Star Trek to me. Good enough for an MMO, but not a good fit. I'll keep paying attention to it, though as it's on my short list of possible new games. I'd like to like it.

I am waiting for the Stargate MMO.

Though that one is going to fail I think.. if not it will just be populated mostly by role players.

Basically if you like Star Trek, you'll like aspects of it but it can get a bit repetitive. A lot of the missions are pretty similar, but overall its not as bad as a lot of the reviews and WoW fanboys make it out to be.

Im a casual player if that makes a difference, I dont sit there for hours drilling missions.

I kinda want to play, but I don't know if I ever will. I don't like most MMOs because of the monthly fees... nevermind the fact that people act like a bunch of jerks to other players.

Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox View Post
    people act like a bunch of jerks to other players.
    Hopefully the spirit of Star Trek will abound and folks will be nice to you. Just beware the Ferengi, and Romulans in any situation and don't provoke the Klingons, ... by breathing.

I was actually in the beta. I a little but it was pretty boring and repetitive. But if your a star trek fan you might like it

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I am waiting for the Stargate MMO.

Though that one is going to fail I think.. if not it will just be populated mostly by role players.
    i was in the beta for this one to(when it was out of course) :P

but i have heard that it is still going but slowly, they filed for bankruptcy
    i really think its going to fail, all Stargate games failed. They all get near completion but then somehow failed. I really havent paid to much attention to it. The last i seen gameplay is in the first SGU episode, they called it Pegasus , but then again i havent bothered.