Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Awwww....I can't lurk anymore??

Cool Awwww....I can't lurk anymore??

Hi all!

Well, its that time! I signed up for an account on ADISC back on January 31'st and I'm finally being poked to actually introduce myself instead of hide in the shadows. Yipe!

I originally found out about ADISC through one of (I beleive) Jake Rabbit's stories over on Fur Affinity. One of his characters mentioned going to ADISC and enjoying the people in the community. A quick Google search later and I hopped over here to poke around. I can definitely see where the recommendation comes from!

Now then - about myself. I'll start this off by saying that I'm a habitual lurker. From social media sites (<3 Reddit) to art sites, I tend to browse content rather than submit. Mainly because...well, its difficult to come up things that are both interesting and insightful and add to the conversation. So, I generally stay quiet.

Even on sites like Livejournal, Twitter, FA...yeah. One or two updates every few months. I swear...habitual lurker.

ADISC seems to strike a different chord, however. Normally, I'd never consider actually posting...but the community here is a bit more comforting than most. The straying off from fetish and centering more around the community - just bravo! Its great to see! And, well...even though this post is forced, I'm actually comfortable coming out and saying hi.

But...I haven't said much about myself. Hmm. I'm currently living in the great frozen North. Northwest Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh area), where "yinz goin' down da strip fer some food n'at?" and phrases like "redd up" actually makes sense somehow.

I work in a typical industry-type job, but my real interest is photography. I'm a gear-head by nature (Canon), although it is a constant balance between wanting new equipment and saying "You know, its -really- not the camera that matters, focus on technique instead". The constant push to improve, followed by the "Wow" factor after a stressful shoot with quality results...that's my addiction.

Other than that? I've been a member of the Furry Fandom since 1998 or so. As the user-name suggests, a coyote as a "Fursona". (No relation to the artist Kyoht, however) I originally found the fandom through web-crawling looking for "Werewolf - The Apocalypse" RPG chat/games that I'd been involved in since the early 90's. Found a couple of local furs in my area, met up with them...and have been in the fandom ever since.

Other than that? Probably more, but its -really- hard to do a self post sometimes. Being on the spot and all.

Well, of course, there is the AB/DL side. That is definitely a part of who I am, without a doubt. It has been a part of me for upwards of 15 years now, and I was, up until seeing ADISC and meeting up with a few local AB/DL/Babyfurs...well, thinking I was one of the few. Personally, the strictly fetish sites (Ahem...going to resist naming names...) do nothing for me. The strict fake-ness and implausibility of the stories makes me do the fast "Ok...I've seen enough, kthxbai!".

Mainly because... AB/DL is something very personal to me. A way to relax, break free of stress for a little while. The comfort is something which I hold very dear. And, well...the hard fetish...yeah, not my thiing. That's one of the reasons I don't (and haven't) signed up for any of the AB-related sites before.

Up until this one.

Anyways...if you've finished reading this - congratulations. You (collectively) have gotten me to write more about myself than I've actually done on any site in the past. Period.

Congratulations. And...keep up the great work. ADISC seems like a great community...even through I'm more of a lurker, I have to say...you've got a great thing going on here! I definitely look forward to seeing more!

Epic intro! What a breath of fresh air actually, so many people have needed to be given the generic "Tell us more about you" response recently that it's nice to read something other than "Hi, I am this old and I am ABDL..." (No offense anyone).

I really hope you enjoy your time here at ADISC.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionxi1 View Post
    Epic intro! What a breath of fresh air actually, so many people have needed to be given the generic "Tell us more about you" response recently that it's nice to read something other than "Hi, I am this old and I am ABDL..." (No offense anyone).

I really hope you enjoy your time here at ADISC.
    Thanks, actually. That's part of the reason I tend to stay a lurker - that intro was several re-writes over the space of 45 minutes or so. Its a cross between "I want to say something more than just 'hi' and give a bit of insight into who I am and why I'm actually here" and "Dear Lord, I hope I don't sound like a rambling buffoon!".

But, honestly...if new posters actually *coughcoughRTFMcoughcough* with the stickies at the top of the forums, it helps quite a bit. Lots of helpful ideas there. I'm actually -very- glad that Moo took the time to write those up.

As far as ADISC goes - I've already enjoyed what I've seen. When I said "You've got a great community", it wasn't an ego trip for the mods/community. Everybody here seems to be laid back and down to earth - something that's really hard to find. Its a place that I actually feel -comfortable- posting in.

*^.^*~

Every so often a new member comes along that's just so... awesome.
    I think you'll fit right in.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillhouse View Post
    Every so often a new member comes along that's just so... awesome.
    I think you'll fit right in.
    Hah! If by "awesome" you mean being at the level where I can find out how to change my avatar without posting a new topic to ask..then maybe? Otherwise, I think you might have the wrong post(er?).

Of course...I didn't discover the search feature until -AFTER- my first post...so I lose awesome points there. *eardroop*

Heee, but...thanks!

[Edit: HAH!! I knew I'd do that. Didn't have that avatar all the way set up yet before posting. Care to take back the "awesome" comment yet? *^^*~ ]
    Last edited by shrike; 03-Mar-2010 at 05:45. Reason: Durp de durp...!

Valence

Hello, and welcome to ADISC. Enjoy your time here.

Quote Originally Posted by kyoht View Post
    Of course...I didn't discover the search feature until -AFTER- my first post...so I lose awesome points there. *eardroop*
    No, actually. Most people don't know that untill they posted there first thread that been posted like 100 billion times before. So you more like gain awesome points there.

Well... I label you as awesome. I think we officialy have another awesome dude here!

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionxi1 View Post
    Well... I label you as awesome. I think we officialy have another awesome dude here!
    Ssssssh! Both of you...don't let the others hear you! I don't want to ruin my reputation -already-! C'mon now!

Heee. Well, on a completely un-related note - its past this yotie's bedtime. Time to go curl up! *bigyawn*

Quote Originally Posted by kyoht View Post
    Hah! If by "awesome" you mean being at the level where I can find out how to change my avatar without posting a new topic to ask..then maybe? Otherwise, I think you might have the wrong post(er?).
    *~ ]
    You've gotta understand, once and a while a new person will post an intro thread that isn't "my name is blank and i wear poppy dippers", so it's pretty exciting.

Welcome to the site. As the others have said, good intro

I hope you'll see fit to post now and again in the future. It's all about the people who post and the more interesting ones we get, the more...well, interesting the forum becomes.