Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pandora Radio Stations

Sys

Default Pandora Radio Stations

I see there's other music-related threads, but what about Pandora Radio? What are everyone's different stations?

I've only recently gotten into the site, probably mid-last semester, but I normally have it loaded when I'm in the dorm. Currently I've got: Mika, Frank Sinatra, Michael Buble (which are pretty similar), Josh Turner, Rufus Wainwright, and Yann Tiersen.

Anyone else use Pandora?

I've been using it for a while now.

Stations:
    Green Day
    Bowling For Soup
    Eminem
    Rammstein

Gaelic Storm
    Flogging Molly
    Social Distortion
    Great Big Sea
    The Dubliners
    The Pogues

I like a lot of Celtic/Irish bagpipe music, and some good punk ^^

Yep, this is that thing that only Americans can use. Ah well, I use last.fm instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillhouse View Post
    Yep, this is that thing that only Americans can use. Ah well, I use last.fm instead.
    Hmm. I've been using both for years. Well, last.fm for at least 3-4 years (since they first came out with the whole "scrobbling" thing) and Pandora nearly since it came out, and LONG before it went to this 40-hours-per-week model.

pamperchu

My 2 top used ones right now are
    ~Pet Shop Boys
    ~When in Roam

Sys

I think I briefly used last.fm a year ago, although I don't remember why I stopped using it.

Scalie, some of my friends think I'm weird but I love Flogging Molly. If they weren't so expensive and cheaply made, I was going to buy a shirt from Hot Topic, I think they had 3 or so designs of the band.

I use DI.fm or happynation.co.uk
    Can't stand limitations on listening or of 'approved' groups to listen to.

Butterfly Mage

I think Pandora is awesome. I have it on my notebook computer an on my iPhone.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Chillhouse View Post
    Yep, this is that thing that only Americans can use.
    I used to use it a lot before it went US-only... and then I just connected via a proxy for a bit, but the slight extra hassle put me off a bit.

My stations weren't based on one artist - I added multiple artists to genre-specific stations (maybe Pandora's changed as I haven't used it for a year or two).

Anyway, my favourite station was what I called "chilled lounge" or something. It had stuff like Aim, Hint, Sneaker Pimps and other chilled-out electronica. No chilled house, though (sorry!)