Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pinpointing diaper tendencies

Default Pinpointing diaper tendencies

Any plausible ideas why it happens? Any plausible ideas why it happened to you and when? I raised each of my children the same and only my middle child has diaper tendencies.

I happen to be a middle child myself (18 mo. older brother, 3 yr. younger sister)

Unfortunately I can't tell you specifically why I have DL tendencies. I've pretty much had them my whole life and can't remember a specific triggering event. But I do have some ideas based on what my parents have told me about my early childhood and some vague memories of my own.

1. I was extremely jealous of my younger sister until I was about 10. I think my mom doted on my sister, and I felt left out. This in turn made me want to be babied by her out of jealousy.
    2. I had severe pneumonia, which required hospitalization for 2 weeks, right before my sister was born. My mom couldn't visit me because she could not risk getting sick while she was close to term with my sister. I was potty trained before I went into the hospital but they diapered me while I was there, and I came out having messing accidents. I continued to have messing accidents until I was ~10 years old. My parents always punished me because they thought I did it out of laziness. Looking back, I think I suffered from chronic encopresis triggered by the hospital stay and the stress of the new baby when I returned home.
    3. As a result of the punishments for messing, and the desire to be treated like my sister, I wished I could wear diapers to make things easier for me.
    4. When I was about 7 or 8, I remember imagining my pillow was a diaper while lying in bed. I would rub myself and pretend I was wearing diapers. Looking back, I realize I was most likely masturbating while I was thinking about diapers.

Hope that helps.

This has actually been discussed many times on here. Overall, I believe it's a mixture between heredity and nurture, and not just one or the other. To be honest though, I think there are many things that can cause someone to become/be born as an infantilist. So many reasons, that I might even wonder what *can't* make someone an infantilist.

However, let me get this straight, because I've been wondering. Maybe I haven't read enough of your posts, but have you introduced yourself to the group? Are you actual an ABDLer yourself?

It says in your profile that one of your kids has an interest in diapers (coincidentally, he's a middle child, like me). If you are not an ABDLer, then I have to say, I find it interesting to see a parent on here who is merely trying to learn more about their son's quirks. That's pretty cool .

A lot's already been said on this in other threads, and there hasn't been a whole lot of research done to find out what might cause it. I don't know if it's like genetic or just something that happens as a result of what's going on in your life growing up or whatever. Just thought it was interesting that like the two guys above and the OP's kid, I'm a middle child.

Also, this...

Quote Originally Posted by spddan View Post
    It says in your profile that one of your kids has an interest in diapers (coincidentally, he's a middle child, like me). If you are not an ABDLer, then I have to say, I find it interesting to see a parent on here who is merely trying to learn more about their son's quirks. That's pretty cool .

I am the second oldest of 9 children. Me and my younger sister loved putting on our younger siblings diapers when we were about 12 yrs old. My sister grew out of it but diapers have always been a part of my life.

I'm the oldest of 3. I don't think "middle child syndrome" really has anything to do with you middle child liking diapers. Perhaps he came across your stash and got curious?

I am the youngest of seven, and often thought that my DL tendencies were the result of being the 'baby of the family'. Based on these posts, however, it would seem that birth order is irrelevant.

I can tell you that I was attracted to diapers as far back as I can remember. I was raised in cloth diapers, but currently prefer disposables. When I was around 8 or 9 I got my hands on some pampers which I taped together to make one big enough to fit. I swiped some Gerber plastic pants in 'Toddler' size and they fit me well enough. I've always liked the feel of diaper plastic and other soft things like silk and satin. I was a typical boy in all other respects and I was ashamed of my affinity for girly and baby things.

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    ...and I came out having messing accidents. I continued to have messing accidents until I was ~10 years old. My parents always punished me because they thought I did it out of laziness. Looking back, I think I suffered from chronic encopresis triggered by the hospital stay and the stress of the new baby when I returned home.
    3. As a result of the punishments for messing, and the desire to be treated like my sister, I wished I could wear diapers to make things easier for me.
    Yea, that's horrible, that can make your self esteem drop hugely. Oddly enough I didn't often think of diapers as the way out. (maybe because from 9 until 11 I sort of forgot about diapers mostly)

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Yea, that's horrible, that can make your self esteem drop hugely. Oddly enough I didn't often think of diapers as the way out. (maybe because from 9 until 11 I sort of forgot about diapers mostly)
    I have to agree with that. Sorry you had to put up with parents who weren't understanding of your problem, Skeeter.

Oh, and Martin, am I reading that right? Did you have encopresis as a child? I know you have Aspergers, and a lot of kids on the spectrum train later than most kids and are likely to potty train their bowels later than #1. Didn't know that was a problem for you much later on though.

I was similar, in that I trained late, and bowels after urine, though I didn't have encopresis. I also went through a brief period in my life (probably from, like... 10-12, that I wasn't thinking about diapers a whole lot, although they were never too far out of my mind for long. Once the stress from high school set in, though, things got much worse and my desire to wear diapers flared up big time.

Yea I did. Most likely was caused by side effects from medicine, looking back at it. Mostly gone nowadays. but not even 100% now. So yea, it was a problem later on

I was clean for about 2 years before it started again IIRC.