Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Where to find Abenas

  1. #1

    Default Where to find Abenas

    Hey all
    Just wondering if anyone has any advice on finding a store that sells abenas or something similar. I don't really like ordering online, and everywhere I go, all I can find are depends. I've tried the local Walmart, Big Y, CVS, Stop and Shop, Rite Aid, etc. with no luck. Any suggestions?
    Also, are they really worth the effort of getting? I've only worn depends/goodnites/a generic brand that was horrible, and I've found that Depends Fitted Maximum Absorbency are alright comparatively, but from what I've seen on the forums, most people prefer other brands.

  2. #2

    Default

    They are worth getting if your able to wear for like 12-16 hours on end. They are really designed for extended use, but even on a full wetting it absorbes so much you most likely not notice you are wet unless you check.

    Now onto stores that care them.. you won't find them in CVS, Wallgreens or Wal-mart, Target etc. If any place in your town has them it will be medical supply stores or pharmacies. However the cheapest I ever found them is on XPmedical.com and you can order samples from them.. of course you have to pay for them.

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by dlz89 View Post
    I've only worn depends/goodnites/a generic brand that was horrible, and I've found that Depends Fitted Maximum Absorbency are alright comparatively, but from what I've seen on the forums, most people prefer other brands.
    You have a very good point there. Why are all the good products sold online? If you want something particularly awesome you're hitting the Internet. Not only with Abena, Bambino etc.... Also, in the computer industry the best discs (IMHO) which are manufactured by Taiyo Yuden are only sold online (although probably in some stores in Japan but even then they're hard to find). I've also worn those brands of diapers and most have leakage problems, although my favourite has got to be Goodnites because of slightly reduced leaking and cute designs. I'm not particularly sure where you would find Abena but I'm quite sure some offline stores carry it but you're best bet is to order online.

  4. #4

    Default

    I'd have no problem selling some if you can't order them online. I've also allowed others to ship stuff here if that helps.

    Just looked at your intro thread... If you're out in the Springfield area (UMass Amherst?), there is a medical supply store in Holyoke (I believe) that sells Molicares. Not Abenas, but almost as good. I'll ask my buddy that lives out there to clarify, or direct him to this thread.

  5. #5

    Default

    You won't find any brands like Abena in stores. Its all online ordering.
    There's Drugstore.com, xpmedical.com, kckmedical.com. You can find them on Ebay and Amazon.com if needed.

  6. #6

    Default

    Thanks for the help, everyone. And NEJay: do you know what the medical supply store in Holyoke is called? I'll be down that way some in the next couple of weeks. If that doesn't work, I may just end up ordering some online.

  7. #7

    Default

    They don't sell Abenas in stores unless you live in Europe. I would recommend buying them off of ebay. I just got a 14 pack of Abena Abri-Form X-Plus M4's off of ebay for $19 including shipping off a fixed price not a auction. The shipping was discreet too.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by NEJay View Post
    I'd have no problem selling some if you can't order them online. I've also allowed others to ship stuff here if that helps.

    Just looked at your intro thread... If you're out in the Springfield area (UMass Amherst?), there is a medical supply store in Holyoke (I believe) that sells Molicares. Not Abenas, but almost as good. I'll ask my buddy that lives out there to clarify, or direct him to this thread.
    hey I am Jays friend, I live in Springfield, i have never seen any abenas at any supply store, but i know a few people up your way that also don't like to order things to be shipped, if you want you can order what you want and have them shipped to my house, when they come in we can meet up and I can give them to you. like I said I do this for a few guys up your way. send me a pm and we can work out the details. if you need some info on me just ask Jay.

  9. #9

    Default

    Just spoke with my buddy from Springfield on the phone, and apparently it wasn't him... I have one other acquaintance to ask, so stay tuned...

    I directed him to this thread (edit... seems he beat me to it ), and maybe he can help you in the interim. Definitely a good guy, and willing to help as well if you're looking for something better than drugstore diapers.



    Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    kckmedical.com
    DO NOT order from these people if you're getting them shipped to school (or value honesty from your supplier). They will repack stuff in boxes that clearly state what the inner contents are, normally forget to send tracking numbers, don't respond promptly to email or phone inquiries, and regularly lie about product availability and shipment status.

    XP Medical is the way to go if you're worried about discreetness, and they have the best customer service in the business, bar none. A quick search of any ABDL forum will show the same opinion. There is not one company that is better to serve you for your Abena order. Drugstore.com is a close second, but they ship in boxes that say "drugstore.com" all over them.

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by dlz89 View Post
    Hey all
    Just wondering if anyone has any advice on finding a store that sells abenas or something similar. I don't really like ordering online, and everywhere I go, all I can find are depends. I've tried the local Walmart, Big Y, CVS, Stop and Shop, Rite Aid, etc. with no luck. Any suggestions?
    Also, are they really worth the effort of getting? I've only worn depends/goodnites/a generic brand that was horrible, and I've found that Depends Fitted Maximum Absorbency are alright comparatively, but from what I've seen on the forums, most people prefer other brands.
    I would be willing to purchase Abenas, Molicares, etc online and sell them cash if there is anyone in Northern Cali that would prefer to buy them in person. If so, let me know.

Similar Threads

  1. My Abenas
    By diaperedteenager in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-Aug-2009, 01:24
  2. Abenas are here!
    By diaperedteenager in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-Aug-2009, 06:29
  3. Abenas!
    By diaperedteenager in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-Aug-2009, 00:32
  4. Bad experience with Air + Abenas
    By JustInCase in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-Feb-2009, 05:43
  5. How Abenas are made :O
    By Bobkitty in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-Feb-2008, 07:45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.