Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1 in 6...

Default 1 in 6...

1 in 6 men were sexually abused during childhood.
    3% of boys grades 5-8 and 5% of boys in grades 9-12 said they had been sexually abused.
    2.78 million men in the U.S. have been victims of sexual assault or rape.
    The year in a male's life when he is most likely to be a victim of sexual assault is the age of 4

I often wonder if it is more common for ab/dl men to be victums of sexual abuse and something that contributed to them being a ab/dl

I could never tell my story here of why I am a ab/dl, and dont expect this to be a thread with personal stories of abuse (remember, there are people who get off on that kind of stuff, and I dont want this to turn into one of those threads)

your thoughts about this all?

here is a link if you are a man looking for help or information
    Where Do I Start?

No victim of sexual abuse here. Despite what I said when I was a teenager, my parents were better than I could have asked for. But I do know that abuse that happens to children (especially before age 5) has a massive and well-documented long lasting effect. PTSD is common, as are a host of other issues. How those manifest later in life are going to be as different and varied as the children themselves, but I have no trouble imagining how they could be related.

Well statistics are... well statistics. They also say that one in four women will be sexually assaulted.

Quote Originally Posted by Raad View Post
    Well statistics are... well statistics. They also say that one in four women will be sexually assaulted.
    Ugh, don't remind me. That statistic is a perfect example of bad statistics. A self-selected survey in a magazine with leading and biased questions. That survey classified having sex while under the influence of drugs or alcohol, even if 100% consensual in a committed relationship while the other person/people were similarly impaired, as sexual assault. Ever get drunk with your girlfriend and have sloppy drunk sex? According to the 1 in 4 number, you just sexually assaulted her.

And yet that 1 in 4 number is touted as gospel.

well, I admit, the statistics could be way off, I only used those to show that men are sexually abused, and that it happens more often then people probably think, and to tell men that were abused that they deffently are not alone

Theoretically you could be a victim of sexual abuse and just not know about it, if you were that young then you could have just blocked out the memories. I've often wondered if I was a victim, seeking sexual gratification in diaper's and humiliation doesn't just pop out of thin air.

Butterfly Mage

I was sexually abused when ivwas young. While I don't think it turned me gay or DL, the abuse us part of why I have a dissociative disorder.

I was sexually abused by other boys when I was young. We lived out in the country, and it was something they did both to amuse themselves, and have dominance over others.

In college I was abused a number of times because I was an alcoholic and on drugs. I would get into these situations because I needed to escape, if not kill my mind.

Even as a young adult and married, I was abused by my boss on a trip. I had to say nothing if I wanted to keep my job. It's amazing what you can put up with, but it also makes you angry inside. When it happens to you as a child, it tends to make you want to do it to others. By the time I was in my senior year at college, I had a psychotic break and I was seeing a psychiatrist. Somewhere down the line, the price has to be paid.

I don't believe that. Thats an awefully high number.

I was abused as a child. I believe the number. Male abuse is under-reported.