Thread: A brief review of Cushies

Default A brief review of Cushies

So for some reason my sample pack of Cushies has arrived early. It was a pleasant surprise, so I took some pictures and here they are. These are compared to a Large Dry 24/7, hopefully you can spot the difference.

I won't be able to try them out until the weekend, but my first impression was positive. Unlike what Adrian said on her blog, there are standing leak cuffs. The plastic shell has a fairly good crinkle to it, but still soft to the touch. The inside padding seems to be well made, a little stiff, but I'm willing to put that on the transit in an envelope at the moment. It does look like it can hold multiple wetting and not all clump up between the legs like the 24/7 has a tendency doing.

I will post a longer review come the weekend, just posted this to whet your appetite.

Alright, so roommate left a bit earlier than I thought, so I slapped on the Cushie and here are my thoughts.

FIT

I ordered the medium size, and a few things came apparent pretty quick. The...umm...back tape flap part (Hope that makes sense), felt a little short. NOt reaching as far in the center of the diaper as I had thought. Although is still is secure to do any kind of movement you could think of.

Also, for the male memebers who are intersted, with an erection, the top of penis was very close to the top of the diaper, with barely a half an inch of absorbant material to cath anything. This is the flaw I'm seeing about the one tape thing.

Aside from that, the fit is great. It's very comfortable, just needs to be a bit bigger in my thoughts. I give a B+.

TAPES

Perhaps the most striking thing about the diaper is the one tape. It's pretty big, about inch and half, two inches wide, and sticky enough to last a few fastenings if you messed up the first time. Sadly I got oil and powder on one, which rendered it quite useless. Aside from that you have a large landing zone of plastic to put the tapes on.

I give the tape an A-, it works great, but there is only one.

Design

The first thing to catch you eye. The design on the cushie is super cute, awesome, and I wish everything had it. The shell of the diaper is clearly a plastic, and you can hear it the wonder crinkle noise when you move around. The crinkle is easily hidden as soon as you put on a pair of pants.

I give the design an A+, it's the best looking diaper out there.

Absorbency

Honestly, can't say much about this one yet. The diaper feels actually kind of thin, more so than I expected. I haven't flooded it yet, but I have been constantly wetting it for a few hours now, and it feels like it can hold more. It doesn't really puff up when you wet it. I'll have some thoughts when I change out, but for now, not really flabbergasted by the absorbency.

No grade in this part yet.

Conclusion thus far

Right now, I would give this diaper a B+. The design is cool, the tapes contribute to an okay fit, but that's easy enough to fix by taping it up with mailing tape. I love the plastic shell and crinkle, and the absorbency is good so far. I would grade higher but the price is yanking it down.

More thoughts later.

Also, for the male memebers who are intersted, with an erection, the top of penis was very close to the top of the diaper, with barely a half an inch of absorbant material to cath anything. This is the flaw I'm seeing about the one tape thing.

maybe some of us aren't as big as you are. haha mine will be here on March 1st , can't wait.