Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is your favourite RPG or JRPG?

Default What is your favourite RPG or JRPG?

I have a couple, sadly. I'm more into the Japanese Role-Playing Game genre, such as Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts but my ultimate favourite of a JRPG would have to be Odin Sphere. I seriously love that game to death! I don't care if the graphics are in 2D, but the storyline is pretty good and the battle system and health system is awesome. The only downside is that I am only able to play it when I manage to hire it out from the nearby Blockbuster, but recently (for a few months now) my PS2 hasn't been able to read discs due to the pedestal for the disks not spinning, and my PS2 is the kind that has the pop up lid for where the CDs go.

On the genre of the more normal Role-Playing Games, I am tied between The Elder Scrolls Oblivion and Neverwinter Nights 2. The main reason for loving TES Oblivion would have to be its great modability and also its engaging storyline and its great potential of not having to follow the storyline. I have the Game of the Year Edition for the PC (The Console Versions can not be modded because they don't have the construction set, and the only mods for the Console Versions are the damned Official Plug-ins) which gives me the Shivering Isles Expansion as well as The Knights of the Nine. My character is a Ser'Cuine, a custom race added by a mod. Basically they are the result of the breeding of the human races with the Khajitt and I play with a kind of Samurai character in mine, as I mainly use a 2 handed version of Masamune added by a small mod or katanas added by the Snow Dragon Temple or Rise of a Samurai mods.

The main reason I love Neverwinter Nights 2 is its beautiful background story and such, as well as the graphics and animations for the different skills. The only one downside is that there is no Shifter Prestige class with it, but I don't have any expansions for it since the nearby EB Games only sells Storm of Zehir and not Mask of the Betrayer. In any case, the game allows you to play as a character of any of the 9 alignments of Lawful Good, Lawful Neutral, Lawful Evil, Neutral Good, True Neutral, Neutral Evil, Chaotic Good, Chaotic Neutral or Chaotic Evil. I absolutely love the graphics for the use of the Turn Undead ability of the Cleric and the Paladin classes, as well as a few other spells or skills.

So please tell me, what is your favourite Role-Playing Game or Japanese Role-Playing Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Role playing game, RUNESCAPE!!!
    Oh god... a person I know on Gaia Online is obsessed with playing that game...
    As your punishment of reminding me of that game...
    Dear Lord, please bless this thy holy hand grenade, and with it we shall splode our enemies to little bits! ||pulls the pin and throws the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch at you||

*cough* World of Warcraft.
    Runner up/console best would be Crisis Core.

i pref Oblivion, but i beat it multiple times...

best MMO? classic WoW

oh yeah... I forgot about the MMOs... meh... my favourite MMO would be... Wonderland Online... yeah I play it XD I find it funny it has fan service in it the first time you go to the hotsprings! XD
    Oh yeah... I beat Oblivion several times... but now I am just playing it slow... my Oblivion is a bit unstable because I had to extract all the textures and then put an entry for each on in the ArchiveInvalidation.txt file... just to get them to work... due to a texture problem I was having about three months after christmas the year before last....

Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, and Oblivion. So ya all the Elder scroll games

AMEN TO THAT MAN!! Hi-five Thisusernamewontfi! ||holds up my hand!||
    I seriously can't wait until Diablo 3 and The Elder Scrolls 5 Comes out... I loved Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction... I just loved the Druid character. The one problem with Oblivion is that it has many undead summon spells... which are sold by members of the Chorrol branch of the Mages Guild in Cyrodiil. I talked about this at on the UESP wiki, but it makes the Mages Guild look like hypocrites when you think about how they outlawed necromancy and yet you have summon spells for undead creatures... also... they needed more summoning spells such as summoning more animals instead of the monsters in the wilderness getting those it was kind of annoying. I've played Morrowind, but only for 3 minutes at the house of the son of one of my dad's forrmer friends...

Planescape: Torment.

It's all about the story with this one. Has anyone played it, or is 10-11 years too dated?