Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: drawing books

Default drawing books

so i recently changed around my fursona, not going to go into major details but it involves the ability to transform into a dragon.

i need to find step by step books on how to draw anthro dragons

any links?

Quote Originally Posted by Valerye View Post
    do you honestly think i hadn't already tried that? i havn't found anything usefull, i ask here because i think some people might know GOOD books >.>

Quote Originally Posted by r4di0sensitive View Post
    do you honestly think i hadn't already tried that? i havn't found anything usefull, i ask here because i think some people might know GOOD books >.>
    Handle the 'tude, dude. You really react WAY too strongly when people are trying to help.

Gah... I don't even know where to START learning to draw. I'm a flop at drawing.

Ok, I went on youtube just to see if there was anything possibly useful, and this was the first hit. YouTube - random anthro dragon drawing

It's not instructional or anything, but I find it helpful to watch other people draw. The reason that this caught my attention is because of the song. It's Blind Guardian, Skalds and Shadows, and then the Bard's Song (which I can play on the guitar). I love Blind Guardian, and I don't know anyone else that really even knows them, and I've never ever EVER stumbled on one of their songs before. Epic win for me.

Quote Originally Posted by link View Post
    Ok, I went on youtube just to see if there was anything possibly useful, and this was the first hit. YouTube - random anthro dragon drawing

It's not instructional or anything, but I find it helpful to watch other people draw. The reason that this caught my attention is because of the song. It's Blind Guardian, Skalds and Shadows, and then the Bard's Song (which I can play on the guitar). I love Blind Guardian, and I don't know anyone else that really even knows them, and I've never ever EVER stumbled on one of their songs before. Epic win for me.
    i watched that too wasn't much help :P but twas a good drawing ^^

Probably heard this a thousand times

PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE

Look at dragon art, try to get the aspects down and draw draw draw, I'm a decent artists and anthro dragons STILL confuse me sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by r4di0sensitive View Post
    You need to grow up IMHO. There was no warrant to be rude. You asked for help I provided it.

Here are some good books(almost all art books are good if you can find them at a book store.) Also What's the difference in a book and an Internet page?

I find the lack more in depth detail of the drawing process. Most only provide the minimal amount of sketching process and Inking process to be of use. The internet is of better use then most art books. If you can find the thing. (You have to look.)

Amazon.com: The Art of Drawing Dragons, Mythological Beasts, and Fantasy Creatures: Discover Simple Step-by-Step Techniques for Drawing Fantastic Creatures of Folklore and Legend (The Collectors Series) (9781600580123): Michael Dobrzycki: Books

Amazon.com: Dragons / Drawing: Learn to Draw Step by Step (How to Draw and Paint) (9781600580321): Michael Dobrzycki: Books

Amazon.com: DragonArt (9781581806571): Jessica "Neon Dragon" Peffer: Books

How to draw dragon books - Google Search

BTW best

Browsing deviantART

Quote Originally Posted by Valerye View Post
    You need to grow up IMHO. There was no warrant to be rude. You asked for help I provided it.

Here are some good books(almost all art books are good if you can find them at a book store.) Also What's the difference in a book and an Internet page?

I find the lack more in depth detail of the drawing process. Most only provide the minimal amount of sketching process and Inking process to be of use. The internet is of better use then most art books. If you can find the thing. (You have to look.)

Amazon.com: The Art of Drawing Dragons, Mythological Beasts, and Fantasy Creatures: Discover Simple Step-by-Step Techniques for Drawing Fantastic Creatures of Folklore and Legend (The Collectors Series) (9781600580123): Michael Dobrzycki: Books

Amazon.com: Dragons / Drawing: Learn to Draw Step by Step (How to Draw and Paint) (9781600580321): Michael Dobrzycki: Books

Amazon.com: DragonArt (9781581806571): Jessica "Neon Dragon" Peffer: Books

How to draw dragon books - Google Search

BTW best

Browsing deviantART
    your telling a bay fur to grow up :O :P (joke btw)

I'm sorry. I don't consider dragons to be furries. At all.

No fur. They should be called SCALIES!