Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found Attends nearby for the first time in years

Default Found Attends nearby for the first time in years

I decided to go to a bowling center in Mount Holly NC that has a diner and drugstore built in. I know it is an odd town and one weird building. Anyway, I go into the drugstore to see what kind of diapers they carry and was shocked to see Attends on the shelf. Over the past few years I have been unable to find Attends as even the medical supply stores stopped carrying them. I often thought about ordering them, but if I am going to place an order it will be for Abena X-Plus.

I got home and if you read my last post Right Decision, Wrong Politics you'll know that I am wearing a diaper now. I've calmed down a bit and have to say that Attends did not disappoint me. I still prefer them to any store brand or depends.

I will mention that I do not remember their sizes running smaller than others. I was a bit insulted when the elderly lady who checked me out told me that they had larger sizes and that I could bring those back if they didn't fit. I just tried to ignore that comment as we discussed the quality of the diapers and various other things like Wal-Mart trying to run their store out of business. Heh, do what they may I don't see Wal-Mart putting bowling centers in their stores just yet. :tongue:

Oh, and for the record the Mediums still fit just fine.

Wow. You can find them in a bowling center but not in a regular store? That's a bit weird but congrats on finding them! So, about the elderly lady, aren't they supposed to shut up when it comes to things like diaper purchases? They should only say anything if you ask and go about their normal duties. That's why I use self-checkout whenever possible so I can avoid cashiers all together.

It is a small town. I used to live there and frequent the bowling center.
    I am not sure if she was there at the time, but two things are certain.

#1 If she met me she would remember me. I'm one of those people that is hard to forget.

#2 I am quite personable and have a reputation for being able to carry a conversation with a lamp post.

Quote Originally Posted by khaymen View Post
    I am quite personable and have a reputation for being able to carry a conversation with a lamp post.
    That's a bar bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
    That's a bar bet.
    Sorry I don't get it.
    What do you mean?
    I've never gone to bars.

Quote Originally Posted by khaymen View Post
    Sorry I don't get it.
    What do you mean?
    I've never gone to bars.
    People often bet in bars like:

I'll bet you a 10 I can drink this 16 .oz in 30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
    People often bet in bars like:

I'll bet you a 10 I can drink this 16 .oz in 30 seconds.
    Sorry, Takashi, I just gotta:

You're 18, how much hanging out in bars have you done?! And if it actually is a lot... well, I wish I knew about those bars with lax age restrictions when I was 18

Anyways, congrats Khaymen on the good find in the weird store. I found some Attends 10 in a local thrift store (they literally have a wall of medical-issue diapers), but unfortunately they were the 4-tape 'classic' variety w/o a waistband, which I've heard are pretty bad. The biggest turn-off is that they apparently have a plastic interior with micropores (sounds un-comfy). There were also some Attends Breathables that seemed interesting, but they too were the medical version, which I take to mean lower quality.

Any Attends i have tried , always leak with me, but i can get an abena X-Plus to leak so thats not saying a lot...but neat idea on that store's set up

I am a fan of Attends and have been fortunate enough to find them at a pharmacy near where I work. I would go buy a single pack often enough that they've come to know me. The lady told me I could save money if I bought by the case and gave me a price of $49 for a case of four packs. Not to bad considering that they get about $17 per single pack. They don't stock cases so when I need a case I stop in and let them know and they have it for me the next day. Was kinda stressful at first, but now its business as usual. Occasionally I get someone who doesn't know me and they try to charge me $76. I tell them I usually pay $49 and they clear it with the manager. My problem now is that I feel I must buy a case at least every 4-6 weeks, or risk losing familiarity and as a result losing the price!

I can't find Attends where I live.
    Most of the stores and pharmacy's stoped carrying them when p&g stopped making them.
    I always liked Attends, their better then Depends.