Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Valentine's day...

Default Valentine's day...

This day is ether a great day or a bad day for you. For me its just another day of the week that just so happened to be heart theamed. Although it makes me wonder time and time again if I should be single. But how do you guys feel about this heart shaped day? Dose it bring you joy or dose it make you want to barf?
    Last edited by cornkid; 12-Feb-2010 at 03:29. Reason: spelling errs

Other than watching the poor girls whose ridiculous boyfriends bought them the largest pack of balloons on the planet, the day doesn't hold any special value for me. Though, sometimes people bring in bake-ed goods of which I steal a few, but besides that, nada.

How does the song go....Love is just a pain in the ass. I love how the greeting card companies come up with all these non day off holidays. I never have any ideas as to what I should get my wife....damn!

I need to get laid before I can absolutely love this holiday, cause otherwise it is just purely a commercial holiday. Why spend 200 dollars on one day to get laid if you can just do it regularly for free every other day of the year? That is how I take this holiday. But if we must:

Worst day of my year!

My friend died on Valentine's day, and so this day only really means one thing to me. The heavy advertisement of it really isn't easy.
    I've been a mess all week really. It doesn't help that I'm single and quite anxious about that fact.

Valentine's day makes me stressed, emotional, anxious and depressed.
    It's my annual period.

I have no idea why I changed my avatar to 'celebrate' it, I've possibly gone mad!
    Actually I made the avatar last year (when I was in a better mood) and forgot to put it up.
    I think it looks too nice to not use.

MXmadman

The day before Valentine's Day is more special to me. It's the day I brought home my S2000.

Butterfly Mage

I am pretty cynacle about Valentine's Day. It's one of the few holidays where it pays to be a gay man. My partner never demands a $5,000 diamond before I can get laid. Ha ha ha.

Fudgebunny

well i wish i could aford to buy my partner anything, but it is like christmas we didnt get each other anything as we carnt aford it.
    and it reakky gets to me, since i want to get her something nice, but carnt even afor a little teddy

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie F View Post
    I have no idea why I changed my avatar to 'celebrate' it, I've possibly gone mad!
    Actually I made the avatar last year (when I was in a better mood) and forgot to put it up.
    I think it looks too nice to not use.
    It looks too damn cute! You should leave it up for another few weeks just so we can enjoy its awesomeness a bit longer!

As for the day itself...I've seen flower pots with plastic hearts stuck into them. I bet they're 50% off next week, so why not postpone your own Valentine's Day until a week later...saves lots of money

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    It looks too damn cute! You should leave it up for another few weeks just so we can enjoy its awesomeness a bit longer!

As for the day itself...I've seen flower pots with plastic hearts stuck into them. I bet they're 50% off next week, so why not postpone your own Valentine's Day until a week later...saves lots of money

Peachy
    In America, they would already be selling Easter stuff and stuff for St. Patricks Day even!