Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here own a 2010 Honda Insight?

Butterfly Mage

Default Anyone here own a 2010 Honda Insight?

Greetings!

So, my 10-year-old Accord is on it's last legs. I applied for credit to get a new car (I won't hear back from the bank for a few days). But I have my eye on a 2010 Honda Insight since it's under $20k and gets 43 MPG. Does anyone here drive one? If so, how do you like your car?

The Toyota Yaris gets 40mpg highway and is a steal with the bad press the have at the moment.

BTW I'm seriously thinking of getting one.

I saw a 2009 that had 2K miles and was fully loaded for 12K.

Butterfly Mage

Quote Originally Posted by khaymen View Post
    The Toyota Yaris gets 40mpg highway and is a steal with the bad press the have at the moment.

My partner drives a Scopn (basically a Yaris with different sheet metal). He loves it!

Quote Originally Posted by khaymen View Post

^You just made a really good point. I'm afraid my 16 yr. old Honda Accord won't be around for much longer. Maybe I should start thinking about going the Toyota route.

Buy a civic instead, you can buy a civic 5 speed coupe for 15K all taxes included, the last one I had was an 07 coupe I got 42MPG around town and 39 Highway constantly.

The one I had before that was an 04 civic ex coupe with an auto and that did 42 highway and 35 in town, the sticks are geared a little differnt that is why the mileage differs.

When I tried to buy a new si, when it came to trading my 07 the dealer told me they deliver new civics for 15, so they only wanted to give me 12 for my 07 trade.

Don't buy it unless you get somewhere near the 15 delivered for the coupe the sedan is a little higher, I buy the LX coups because I don't like sunroofs the cars are identical expect for the radio, sunroof and alum wheels.

Whatever you do don't get a toyota or you will die when the breaks fail or the gas sticks :P

Butterfly Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathon View Post
    Whatever you do don't get a toyota or you will die when the breaks fail or the gas sticks :P
    Exactly.The Insight is pretty much a 7/8-scale Prius except that the brakes work!

I have a new toyota tacoma.

I have no problems with the fuel pedal or the brakes, I think most of the toyotas have the fuel pedal stick because the payments are overdue and not due to mechanical problems.

However as much as I love my truck, if Honda made a small truck I would own one, that gigantic 4 door thing they make is of no interest to me.

Butterfly Mage

Quote Originally Posted by ballucanb View Post
    I have a new toyota tacoma.

I have no problems with the fuel pedal or the brakes, I think most of the toyotas have the fuel pedal stick because the payments are overdue and not due to mechanical problems.

However as much as I love my truck, if Honda made a small truck I would own one, that gigantic 4 door thing they make is of no interest to me.
    I miss the old 4-cyl Chevy S10. It cost under $10k, had decent gas mileage, and was pretty durable. GM doesn't make anything that small or inexpensive anymore. What a pity.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathon View Post
    Well I guess this means the Supra's and AE86's will do better in drifting....