Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Anxiety?

  1. #1

    Default Anxiety?

    Can anxiety cause minor incontinence? My psych. told me that I have a moderate case of anxiety on friday. Well this evening I was having a bit of a "Freak out" and I noticed that I had wet myself just a tad bit, can anxiety have links to incontinence? Should I be worried about this?

  2. #2

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    Can anxiety cause minor incontinence?
    Yes



    Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    Should I be worried about this?
    If you are stressed enough to loose control of your bodily functions I would seek any help you have access to. Stress can cause quite a few problems such as; upset stomach, headaches, insomnia, and depression, not to mention high blood pressure which could lead to a stroke or aneurysm.

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    Can anxiety cause minor incontinence? My psych. told me that I have a moderate case of anxiety on friday. Well this evening I was having a bit of a "Freak out" and I noticed that I had wet myself just a tad bit, can anxiety have links to incontinence? Should I be worried about this?
    "Yes," and "not overly right now, but go get help."

  4. #4
    curiousitykitten

    Default

    you may have wet yourself because you were aware that you CAN wet yourself from anxiety if that makes any sense. I've had anxiety for years and it has been so bad that I would have multiple panic attacks every day and be drugged up on stuff to relax me (forget what it was called)...and umm never wet myself. Save for when i would run over 3 miles a day...but i think thats unrelated

  5. #5

    Default

    I have panic attacks due to PTSD and I sometimes wet myself. It's only when I'm really freaking out though, so I think it's more of a problem emotionally rather than physically. Was your anxiety at a high level when it happened to you?

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Rosy View Post
    I have panic attacks due to PTSD and I sometimes wet myself. It's only when I'm really freaking out though, so I think it's more of a problem emotionally rather than physically. Was your anxiety at a high level when it happened to you?
    VERY high I was somewhat hyperventilating and was having a rush of emotions and I was surging up and down between laughing and crying.

  7. #7

    Default

    I would be more concerned about the laughing and crying. I would talk about this with your counselor/psychologist. When I had my psychotic break, I couldn't stop crying, it came from out of the blue, unexpected. If it helps any, life did improve for me.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    VERY high I was somewhat hyperventilating and was having a rush of emotions and I was surging up and down between laughing and crying.
    I'd imagine that the high level of emotion is what led to it, though obviously I'm not a doctor. It's something I'd bring up with your doctor or therapist.

    Hope it improves!

  9. #9

    Default

    It can, when I get really anxious I often have an accident but thankfully that hasn't happened in a while. However every case of anxiety is different so it may or not happen to you.

  10. #10

    Default

    Panic and Anxiety is tough to handle. Diapers do come in handy when you are unable to function with the symptoms when an attack happens.

Similar Threads

  1. Anxiety Attack???
    By Figz in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 28-Oct-2008, 07:38
  2. Anxiety?
    By baby kiffer in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-Aug-2008, 16:37

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.