Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diaper Rash

Default Diaper Rash

So I went like 17 or 18 hours in the same diaper, and I got a diaper rash for the first time since I was a baby. IT SUCKS! It's itchy, and I get these random sparks of something that's half-way between painful and annoying. Like........hot, itchy needles.

How can I prevent it from happening again? And what's good for it now?

Change more regularly, and as far as what's good for it now, if you have any, try putting some Calendula Creme/Lotion on it, it'll help sooth the itch a bit...

If you ever intend to go 12+ hours in the same diaper, I'd reccommend putting on some sort of protective salve or creme(Even the same Calendula lotion would work, but not as well as something designed to prevent rashes)

Hope that helps!

Try Bag Balm for right now. It was originally developed to reduce chafing on cows' udders. xD But it works great for all kinds of skin problems, and I can personally attest to how well it works on diaper rash. For later, try not to stay in used diapers so long, and try some powder or lotions beforehand, like others have said.

Oh, and this is just great. Forgetting I had the rash, I just diapered myself, and now am regretting it because I don't want to waste it by just taking it off, but don't want to worsen the rash.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you were a baby, and mommy forgot to put diaper rash cream on your diaper area, you would cry until she figured it out. Bite the bullet and change your diaper!

Try that icy hot stuff. Not the patch, but the cream or whatver. You'd be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleCAM View Post
    If you were a baby, and mommy forgot to put diaper rash cream on your diaper area, you would cry until she figured it out. Bite the bullet and change your diaper!
    I think I just got told.