Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urge to leave?

Default Urge to leave?

How many of you will get that urge to just get out of the house to go somewhere? I get that at least 3 times a week and it is getting very costly to do so. I live in an area where you have to drive EVERYWHERE! It sucks...a lot! So I was just reviewing my gas cost figures and it is costing me a lot of money to just "get out of the house" Mind you I only drive like up to the wal mart and back, so about 10-20 miles round trip, but that is on a rare occasion, I will usually drive 10 miles round trip to get out of the house, so my question is this...

How can I kill this urge to get out of the house? I want to get rid of it, so that I can make my gas last longer, any ideas on how I can get rid of this urge???

Butterfly Mage

I get that urge to get out of the house -- especially in summer when it is warm and sunny. I like getting outdoors in good weather.

This is somthing that is hard to anwser. You just have to find ways to keep your self ocupide. And if you realy want to get out of the house maby you should take a drive around your area or go drive to a park and relax. I myself can't drive so i walk every where. I injoy walking becuse its somthing else to do that isn't inside. But you will figure something out.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleCAM View Post
    Go for a walk...

Don't you have a bike, either? You don't have to drive far to get out of the house.

now haveing a job, I get out of the house lots more now.

Quote Originally Posted by pamperchu View Post
    now haveing a job, I get out of the house lots more now.
    When i had my job i never got these urges, now that i am laid off it is a lot more frequent, lol it sucks!

I had this urge for months on end. For a while I practicall never spent time home. The problem is that when it comes time to try and spend some time at home, everybody expects you to be "out" somewhere hanging out with them.

So maybe you should just go for walks?

Just be in you house less. Do stuff instead of hanging out at home, like, I dunno, hang out at someone else's place, or anywhere else really. And like folks said, if you really need to leave, best spin is to walk man.

I don't think you need to stop the urges, just alter what you're doing to get out of the house. Instead of driving somewhere, ride a bike or walk somewhere. Something I like to do when it's warm and sunny out is to just read a book or do my homework in the sun.