Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Chefs or Cooks in the house?

Default Any Chefs or Cooks in the house?

Any of our esteemed members a chef or a cook?

I'm graduated from a culinary art school, I love to cook but only at home.

Which school? if i pass the assessment test i will be in Le Cordon Bleu

Professionally no (although I do have a GCSE in food tech) however I do love cooking at home. It is definitely a passion of mine and would love to further develop it someday. I find there is nothing better than eating a meal I've made from scratch, satisfying and delicious.

My Mother has actually been a chef for about 30 years, and we both work with some of the best chefs in the city, possibly all of New England. (She is most certainly included in that best chef catagory.)

A little advice, Lupine: Do not become a chef unless you truely have a passion for cooking. You can't just like to cook. You need to be extremely passionate about it. It can be a stressful, very fast-pace job and for most people, it is not the glamorous lifestyle you would expect. People in the business are tough, critical, and many can be d-bags. That being said: I wish you the best of luck on your test man! And remember, if you love cooking, you'll be fine. Don't lose that love either. I know quite a few people who let cooking become tedious, and now they haaaaaaaate their job xD

im a self proclaimed chef. I LOVE to cook and have takes some classes here and there. it would be nice as a job one day but due to life circumstances i cant be a chef. but it will always be a passion of mine

i dont have any formal training but i love to cook whenever i can, i adore trying new foods and revere the opportunity to use new ingredients... has to be fresh and more is less are just two of my rules. And i watch the Food Network all the time and steal ideas that i mimic and change, and make better =P

I'm quite accomplished at the creation of baked goods, if I do say so myself. My family has run a catering business, As You Like It Catering, for an innumerable length of time. We serve everything, depending on the order, and make it well, but our specialty has always been baked goods.

People have particular faith in our cakes, pies, brownies, and especially our cookies.

Imagine your favorite chocolate chip cookie. Alright, now imagine that cookie being about 8 inches in diameter and tasting so good that you come back for three more, regardless of what your thighs will tell you in the morning.

Also, power cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade917 View Post
    My Mother has actually been a chef for about 30 years, and we both work with some of the best chefs in the city, possibly all of New England. (She is most certainly included in that best chef catagory.)

A little advice, Lupine: Do not become a chef unless you truely have a passion for cooking. You can't just like to cook. You need to be extremely passionate about it. It can be a stressful, very fast-pace job and for most people, it is not the glamorous lifestyle you would expect. People in the business are tough, critical, and many can be d-bags. That being said: I wish you the best of luck on your test man! And remember, if you love cooking, you'll be fine. Don't lose that love either. I know quite a few people who let cooking become tedious, and now they haaaaaaaate their job xD
    I've been in the cooking biz for 7 years...i have no allusions about waht i am getting myself into

Quote Originally Posted by Fire_lupine06 View Post
    I've been in the cooking biz for 7 years...i have no allusions about waht i am getting myself into
    Then you will do swimmingly! Best of luck to you man, seriously.