Thread: Tracking an Ipod?

Default Tracking an Ipod?

Are there any ways to track a stolen ipod touch? I am using the gadgettrak service right now, but I am wondering what ways there are to track one and what programs are available for it. Mine is fine, but I am trying to help my friend find theirs.

I seriously doubt it. Those things are high theft risk and are one of the most stolen items today.

No only the Iphone has that. They should of not let it get stolen. (Yes I am saying it is their fault. They should of not left a 200-300$(assuming the price I dislike it.) item out of their site around town/school) IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by khaymen View Post
    I seriously doubt it. Those things are high theft risk and are one of the most stolen items today.
    You are somewhat correct, they come in 5th according to an article I read early 2008.

1. Laptops - All major brands
    2. Cell Phones - All major brands
    3. GPS Devices - All major brands
    4. Car Stereos - All major brands
    5. MP3 players - Traditional iPods specifically noted.

Anyway, I'll try to answer the OP's question instead of just guessing and posting a response.

Trace Stolen iPhone Or iPod Touch with GadgetTrak An App | Technology and SEO Blog

GadgetTrak should be able to locate an Touch. However, you need to install the software on the Touch FIRST before it's gone a-a-n-n-d-d the thief needs to use the Touch via WiFi.