Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did or do you have a diaper hero?

Default Did or do you have a diaper hero?

I’ve just posted a thread about old sites and people who made a difference to me when I first logged on to the Internet way back when. Such people as Bittergrey, Toddler and his wife Pidge, and Pampers had a great impact on me at a difficult time of self-exploration.

While not exactly the heroes of yesterday folks like Peachy, Trevor, h3g3l, and Slang stand out to me here. They have some quality like;

Peachy, - with his fair and balanced approach to opinions,

Trevor – who for all I know could be 13 or 113 has an old soul that occasionally comes through in his writings enough to make me pay attention to him as though he were an honored elder,

h3g3l – who strikes me as an intellectual and in private conversation never fails to impress with his insight and understanding (although publicly can be a bit raunchy for my tastes), and

Slag – in whom I see a depth that is often over shadowed by raw zeal and unabashed honesty that is, at times, as subtle as an arrow aimed for the heart. Yeah that is it. In Slang I see heart, like Rocky without the boxing gloves.

Who are the heroes’s to people just logging on and finding that they are not alone in the universe going to be today? Have you ever thought that you may be one to someone now?

I hate to treat this like a sermon, but consider this. The way you treat a Newbie as they first enter this site will make an impression be it for their good or their detriment is up to you. Are you willing to be a mentor and hero to someone, or would you rather be the cool guy with the sharp comeback that tears them to shreds?

Loopygone

Like I said in the other thread, BitterGrey has to be my main one, he's just done so much for us as a whole, looking into his own ABness and sharing that with everyone has helped alot of people come to terms with who they are, and how this came about/effects them.

angelabauer as well, she's got so much wisdom for all of us its unreal. Always interesting to read her posts, and she's always willing to give help and advice to anyone.

DailyDi, I know a few here don't like his site, but its still a massive community. And he seems like such a cool sound guy whos giving alot to us ABDLs in terms of the dailydiapers site.

Theres many more, but these are the 3 the stand out for me really.

I hope I'm not a hero to people, too much responsibility with that, being an AB I don't do responsibility :P. I do try to be nice and helpful, and not go over board with the sarcasm. Sometimes people deserve it through. I do hold my self back from posting (/me looks at post count :X) if I have nothing worthwhile, or if I'm just being plain mean. Its your actions that count in life, not what people think of you.

Well some people on here I look up to are:

-Peachy
    -Ricky
    -Pramrider

Moo - I've never had a cow friend. Or at least one that other people can hear speaking, also.

Peachy - Well, he's a different kind of fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzy View Post
    Peachy - Well, he's a different kind of fruit.
    Is Peachy a fruit? Oh well I guess that is more acceptable than being a vegetable.

I dunno, I guess I always thought of Peachy as Vitameatavegamin.
    Last edited by Khaymen; 02-Feb-2010 at 22:36.

Riley Kilo. I dunno. She found herself kinda. Even if I don't think I'll ever make the changes she has, I think reading her blogs has been good for me.

I've found that when you mention people, you always leave someone out, and then the regret begins. That said, there are a number of very special people to me on this site, and I think they know who they are because we have pm'd back and forth.

What I'm most impressed by the members here, is that even as one of the oldest members on the site, I am treated as one of the gang by even the youngest members. It means a lot to me. I can't tell you how many times someone has said something to me that has not only made my day, but my month and year. Thanks to all of you.

As many of you know, my wife has been diabetic for most of her life, and now is on dialysis. I once said to her that I didn't know what I'd do without her, and that I'd probably be seeing her shortly after her death. She said that I wouldn't, that I would have my friends on adisc, and they'd keep me going. Okay....I share you guys with her. You are an important part of my life, and to that, I am grateful.

To stray from the pack a little, I'd have to say Spirit is one of them. On TBDL.org, back in the stone age of 2 or 3 years ago, I remember him posting a link to FoxTalesTimes. That is what initially got me into furry-ism-ness.

Aside from everyone else being overall nice, and helpful people, I can't compare what they have done for me to the way Spirit impacted my life.

Thank you.

Oh, and Me :p is my hero also, because he does everything for me. He gets me off my ass, takes me to the store, and makes me buy diapers. He's ALWAYS there to RP. So.... Thats mostly everything.

Quote Originally Posted by khaymen View Post
    h3g3l who strikes me as an intellectual and in private conversation never fails to impress with his insight and understanding (although publicly can be a bit raunchy for my tastes)
    First, thank you for your kind words and observations. Second, it's an interesting dichotomy between who we are online and who we are IRL. As for me, I'm all but the last IRL. I tend to be reserved in person. Granted, I'm a horny old goat, but I don't actually say most of these things in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I've found that when you mention people, you always leave someone out, and then the regret begins. That said, there are a number of very special people to me on this site, and I think they know who they are because we have pm'd back and forth.

What I'm most impressed by the members here, is that even as one of the oldest members on the site, I am treated as one of the gang by even the youngest members. It means a lot to me. I can't tell you how many times someone has said something to me that has not only made my day, but my month and year. Thanks to all of you.

As many of you know, my wife has been diabetic for most of her life, and now is on dialysis. I once said to her that I didn't know what I'd do without her, and that I'd probably be seeing her shortly after her death. She said that I wouldn't, that I would have my friends on adisc, and they'd keep me going. Okay....I share you guys with her. You are an important part of my life, and to that, I am grateful.
    Wow. I'm impressed that you shared us with your wife. I tend to think of your world not really blurring the lines between "here" and "daily living," and maybe this is true for most other aspects, but I am glad that you know--and glad to see that she knows--that you have people here who support, respect, and love you.

On-topic, I'm rather reclusive and insular in real life, and I suspect some of that carries over to here as well. I am blessed (in both places) with friends and friendly people who are solid, upstanding, and good human beings. I appreciate that. I'm really going through the shit right now in real life, unfortunately, and through friendships here and in the real world, I think I'll come through it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by khaymen View Post
    I’ve just posted a thread about old sites and people who made a difference to me when I first logged on to the Internet way back when. Such people as Bittergrey, Toddler and his wife Pidge, and Pampers had a great impact on me at a difficult time of self-exploration.

While not exactly the heroes of yesterday folks like Peachy, Trevor, h3g3l, and Slang stand out to me here. They have some quality like;

Peachy, - with his fair and balanced approach to opinions,

Trevor – who for all I know could be 13 or 113 has an old soul that occasionally comes through in his writings enough to make me pay attention to him as though he were an honored elder,

h3g3l – who strikes me as an intellectual and in private conversation never fails to impress with his insight and understanding (although publicly can be a bit raunchy for my tastes), and

Slag – in whom I see a depth that is often over shadowed by raw zeal and unabashed honesty that is, at times, as subtle as an arrow aimed for the heart. Yeah that is it. In Slang I see heart, like Rocky without the boxing gloves.

Who are the heroes’s to people just logging on and finding that they are not alone in the universe going to be today? Have you ever thought that you may be one to someone now?

I hate to treat this like a sermon, but consider this. The way you treat a Newbie as they first enter this site will make an impression be it for their good or their detriment is up to you. Are you willing to be a mentor and hero to someone, or would you rather be the cool guy with the sharp comeback that tears them to shreds?
    Awww, makes me feel special. For the record, I do type with boxing gloves on. Was taught by the great Strong Bad. It's a neat trick.

Don't know if I've ever had a hero member, but I haven't been around too long. I've been impressed by some people, and really respect some dudes / dudelles on ADISC for sure. Been inspired by people, especially for writing. Folks on here never fail to surprise, both in positive and negative ways. That's about it. There are members that have been really encouraging and inspirational for sure, but I've seen that from quite a few people in a variety of ways. Not sure about heroes though.