Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok, I need some help.

Default Ok, I need some help.

I'm so undecided I need help.

I'm making a computer.
    It's going to be good.
    But I need some help finding parts.

So far I'm looking at AMD processor(4 core), AMD mother bored with 2 PCI 2.0 thingys(I'm a little drink damnit. D A new case. A good power supply, Atleast 6gb ram, 2 monitors a least 22" in size or three 19" 2 GPU's Of good quality, Windows 7, 1 80gbHDD(For OS) 2-3 500GB HDD , speeker system, Scanner, CD drive, CD burner, Wifi card, Card reader, Min of 5 USB ports. Drawing tablet, Touchscreen atachment to make a monitor into a touch screen.

So can anyone help me?

Oh, and cost is/is not an issue.(I'll be building this over a month anyway.)

Default is the UK leading retailer of quality computer components and electronics
    They are very good, they are a UK company but still be worth it despite P&P. Or you could just use them as a reference for the products.

I'm also thing about building an Itel core 2 duo 3.0-3.4ghz 4gbram, 1 PCI express 2.0 port, 3-5 UsB Drives, one 500gb HDD, Medium grade GPU, Cheep monitor(one 19-22"), CD drives CD burner. Windows 7 the cheep one. And a wifi card.
    looking at around 600-700$

Make it fast ....
    Make it sexy ....
    Make it run hot ....
    Make it cool ....

Quote Originally Posted by SquishyTushy View Post
    Make it fast ....
    Make it sexy ....
    Make it run hot ....
    Make it cool ....
    Or if that fails

Have a look at this new place i'v found here There really cheap

Hello Valerye,

Make sure you have compatible hardware with your intended version of WIndows 7, 64-bit or 32-bit?

It is always best to check with the software manufacturer FIRST. They will tell you if they have tested the product and the version, as well as whether or not it will work with Windows 7.
    Check out the Windows 7 Compatibility site: (There you will find out about hardware and software compatibility.)
    There is a pulldown from which you can choose "hardware" and "software".

There are also some great articles, instructional videos and such to help with your Windows 7 at our Springboard site:

In any event a lot of the times, Vista drivers will work in lieu of Windows 7 drivers, however, it's not 100%!

As stated previously, it's best to have the Windows 7 certified drivers installed.
    Thanks again,
    John M.
    Microsoft Windows Client Support

Tech suport has officially taken over...

We must be afraid!!!

But seriously, how did microsoft tech support end up HERE? Of all places, an ABDL forum! Now we know how desperate microsoft is...

Unless of course your a legit member, in which case post an introduction in the greetings and introductions forum... But I still highly doubt, due to the (lack of) info on your profile and very convincing tech support post...

Quote Originally Posted by Valerye View Post
    I need help.

I'm making a computer.
    It's going to be good.
    Well, that's about all the help I could give you. Next time leave off the "It's going to be good", so that I can suggest that others not suggest you buy a bad one!