Thread: Abri-Let Booster

Default Abri-Let Booster

I would have posted this in the already existing thread on the subject but it's locked? So the Abri-let pads are super soft, totally different from the actual Abri-form. Not that the Abri-form is uncomfortable it's just not as crazy soft. Why the hell doesn't Abena use the same method on their diapers?

If the diaper was the same material as those boosters, they would leak after one use.

Why would the internal covering matter? I don't mean the whole thing being made exactly the same. I should have explained better. I'm talking about the outer covering on the booster. Totally different than the inside covering of their diapers.

Oh, sorry. I must have mis-understood.

Abena's boosters are VERY nice agree, but like you said, the Abri Form tend to be very stiff.

Have you tried these X-Plus Adult Diaper : Secure Personal Care MUCH softer then Abri Form.

the abri-let boosters are really comfy and seem to hold alot

I hadn't noticed a difference between the Abena X-Plus and the Abri-Let 'fabric' lining. Then again, I don't really notice a difference between the lining of an Abena vs. a Bambino. My skin isn't the greatest with feeling, come to think of it *shrug*.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire_lupine06 View Post
    the abri-let boosters are really comfy and seem to hold alot
    I've noticed that the biggest strength of the Abri-Let boosters isn't necessarily their capacity (they seem to have a very low gel content--they barely swell), but their ability to wick. Whenever I use one of these boosters (the biggest size, the one that fits the full length of a M/L diaper), wetness gets transferred to all of the padding, front and back. It seems that they just let you use whatever diaper you are wearing to its full capacity.

For best results: stick an Abri-Let into a diaper with a high gel content (high capacity) but with a low pulp content (poor wicking capability). I find that Bambinos/Secure X-Plus are great with capacity but, unless you're lying down, they don't wick moisture up the back all that well, leaving half the padding un-used. Stick in an Abri-Let: problem solved, and the diaper is good for like 10-12 hours, depending on how much you drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Tygon View Post
    For best results: stick an Abri-Let into a diaper with a high gel content (high capacity) but with a low pulp content (poor wicking capability). I find that Bambinos/Secure X-Plus are great with capacity but, unless you're lying down, they don't wick moisture up the back all that well, leaving half the padding un-used. Stick in an Abri-Let: problem solved, and the diaper is good for like 10-12 hours, depending on how much you drink.
    That's some good advice. I agree the abri-let does not swell much or have a lot of gel but I did notice it transfered wetness to the rear of the diaper a little better.