View Poll Results: Favorite All Star Game

6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pro Bowl (NFL)

2 33.33%
  • NBA All Star Game (NBA)

0 0%
  • NHL All Star Game (NHL, when it occurs)

1 16.67%
  • MLB All Star Game (MLB)

0 0%
  • I don't care/don't watch it

3 50.00%
  • American Idol!!!

0 0%

Thread: All Star Games in Professional Sports

Default All Star Games in Professional Sports

Since the Pro Bowl is starting up as we speak, I wanted to start a poll asking which one is your favorite All-Star game per se? I really don't have a favorite and I somewhat really don't care that much but I do plan to watch the NBA All Star Game in 2 weeks.

I prefer to interact on the internet rather than veg out in front of the TV. I doubt there are more than four shows that I watch regularly, and I would rather have a root canal than be forced to watch mainstream sports.

I prefer the Pro Bowl, but only because I'm a huge football fan and don't really care to watch most other mainstream sports. That said, the Pro Bowl has become a joke since they started to allow fan voting. Also, having it in Miami a week before the Super Bowl instead of after was a horrible idea. There's nothing special about the players playing it in Miami instead of Honolulu, and having it before the Super Bowl means that anybody who'll be playing in the Super Bowl but was selected to the Pro Bowl as well will have to sit out to avoid injury.

I do like the idea of the NBA All-Star setup though. It's cool that they throw other mini-games in there (slam dunk contest, 3-point contest, etc.) to make it more interesting. They do that with college as well, so it'd be neat to throw in stuff like the little combine drills with the Pro Bowl weekend too, just for the sake of making it more fun to watch and perhaps allowing the players to have a little more fun.